Part-Time Records Clerk
This person in this position is responsible for logging and maintaining police records for development of investigative and statistical reports. Work includes a wide variety of typing, clerical and general office duties in the Police Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Enters police reports into RMS computer system;
- Performs a wide variety of general clerical duties relating to the processing and maintenance of police records;
- Assists the public in person or on the telephone; receives and processes requests and complaints; locates reports for customers; answers questions for the public regarding records, directions and other information;
- Maintains a variety of files and records; enters data into computer and files case reports;
- Assists officers and administration with requests for data retrieval as required;
- Files records, citations and other data related to an individual or case and retrieves as requested;
- Financial Responsibilities: Accept, receive, and/or collect payments.
- Processes paperwork for alcohol servers; takes photo and creates IDs; inputs information into computer system;
- Performs related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires a High school Diploma and two (2) years of experience in customer service and/or police records is preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic computer operation;
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment;
- Knowledge of record-keeping techniques;
- Knowledge of statistical record-keeping techniques;
- Knowledge of correct English language usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary;
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities;
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures related to assigned activities;
- Skilled in oral and written communication;
- Skilled in using tact, patience and courtesy;
- Ability to ensure proper police practices and procedures are followed;
- Ability to work confidentially and with discretion;
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions;
- Ability to maintain routine records;
- Ability to operate a computer terminal and enter and retrieve data;
- Ability to learn the computerized records system;
- Ability to read, interpret, apply and explain codes, rules and regulations, policies and procedures;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSE AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires a valid State of Georgia Driver’s License and GCIC Certification.
The work is sedentary work and requires fingering, grasping, handling, hearing, mental acuity, reaching, repetitive motion, speaking, talking, visual acuity, and walking.
The incumbent works in a relatively safe, secure, and stable work environment.
How to Applyhttps://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=3a1e9ad3-18df-4db4-b5e3-0105eee3c8ca&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
728 total views, 1 today