Full-Time Real Estate Acquisitions Associate
RealtyMogul was founded in 2012 with a mission to empower investors to live the lives they want by generating wealth through real estate investing.
On the Platform, investors pool their money together to invest in commercial real estate deals they may not normally have access to on their own including multifamily, office, retail, industrial and ground-up development. And the best part? The real estate companies manage the properties, providing a truly passive real estate investing experience.
Investors can also invest in one of two REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts), giving them access to a portfolio of professionally managed properties that can potentially pay monthly or quarterly cash distributions.
Since 2012, RealtyMogul members have collectively invested over $1.1 billion into over $7.3 billion of real estate nationwide, including 31,000+ apartment units (as of November 30, 2023)
About Your Role
RealtyMogul’s direct acquisitions group, RM Communities, is seeking an exceptional and experienced Acquisitions Associate to help grow our General Partner (“GP”) direct acquisitions business. Although we are based in Los Angeles, there is significant flexibility in where you can be based for this position. As part of the team, you will play a critical role in expanding our presence in the markets you cover. Your role will be to lead all underwriting activities, including financial analysis, market research, and due diligence. You will also be active in market research and participate in the due diligence and closing processes for properties we acquire. Your impact will be immediate and critical to helping us continue to successfully scale RM Communities as a best-in-class owner-operator for multifamily assets.
What You’ll Do:
- Obtain market data for all prospective deals including but not limited to researching the economics of the property’s market & submarket
- Assist, initiate and/or direct the preparation and negotiation of letters of intent for assigned projects
- Communicate all updates, issues and risks affecting the projects to the Director of Acquisitions
- Communicate project status to the Director and Managing Director accurately and on time
- Assist in the management of the due diligence process in order to ensure that all development risks are identified and managed appropriately prior to contract execution
- Prepare draft materials for IC for the proposed acquisitions
- Actively participate in IC discussions
- Responsible for the preliminary analysis of acquisition opportunities, including underwriting, business and financial due diligence, execution, and asset management.
- Create complex financial models to analyze various acquisition and financing scenarios
- Assist in creating investment memoranda and conduct in-depth market research and property-level due diligence
- Perform competitive and demographic research in prospective markets to discern real estate trends
- Conduct Property-level due diligence including site visits, review of leases, property financial information and third-party reports
- Think critically and analyze information to provide meaningful insight and input to deals
- Promote a culture of collaboration and be willing to work cross-functionally to add value across the organization
- Assist in building weekly pipelines and reviewing new acquisition opportunities
Who You Are:
- At least 3 years of experience in private equity real estate underwriting and processing commercial real estate transactions or comparable direct transaction experience
- Substantial experience analyzing investments and exerting sound judgement
- Highly proficient with Excel, including the ability to create complex financials models and waterfall analyses
- Professionally persistent and have grace and composure under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment where iteration is the norm
- Experience with multifamily real estate required
How to ApplyJob Application for Real Estate Acquisitions Associate at RealtyMogul (greenhouse.io)
97 total views, 0 today