Full-Time Project Engineer – Building and Construction
Intertek is searching for a Project Engineer to join our Building & Construction team in our York, PA office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in Engineering Services!
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY – WE WILL TRAIN
What you will do:
- Perform engineering analysis on a variety of fenestration products including but not limited to cold form steel, windows, doors, storefront, curtain wall, louvers, canopies, sunshades, skylights, handrails, rain screens, panels, and battens.
- Perform engineering analysis of frame members, glass, and anchors into a variety of substrates for wind load, dead load, blast loads, and other loads conditions as needed.
- Review and interpreting building architectural drawings, structural drawings, and other technical documents in support of Engineering Services projects
- Create section properties of structural member profiles
- Create engineering analysis reports
- Communicate to customers, in both written and verbal formats, throughout the project duration.
- Develop test plans
- Work with Engineering Services team members to support engineering projects
- Update personal knowledge and skills necessary to remain current with industry
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering (Civil, Structural, or Mechanical)
- 0 -1 year of engineering experience in the architectural industry
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience creating and modify CAD drawings
- Experience in detail work (section and isometric) in both AutoCAD and Revit
- Knowledge or experience with building products. Examples include cold form steel, windows, doors, storefront, curtain wall, louvers, canopies, sunshades, skylights, handrails, rain screens, panels, and battens.
- Good written and oral communication skills supporting interactions with project team, clients, designers, contractors, and coworkers
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and reliable
- Pass or plan to take the Engineer in Training (E.I exam within 6 months)
- Follow and enforce safety requirements and company policies
- Travel as necessary for projects and clients
- Valid driver’s license and reliable driving record (required)
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email hr**********@in******.com or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
How to ApplyPlease apply on line: https://hcog.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/requisitions/preview/3456/?keyword=3456
155 total views, 0 today