Full-Time Program Technician
As a Program Technician, every day is a chance to tackle an array of technical and administrative tasks in support of programs and staff in our Workforce Development division at Career Path Services. A successful Program Technician will be able to work well under pressure, meet multiple and conflicting deadlines, and demonstrate the ability to work with a broad customer base. Program Technicians work in a collaborative relationship with management, the corporate administrative team, partners, and front line staff to ensure quality services for clients and goal attainment of the program and fund source. In this role you will need an eye for detail, flexibility and the ability to work at the pace of business.
This position is full time and hybrid (in person and remote) based out of our Spokane, WA office.
Career Path Services values the power of diversity and endeavors to build upon this vital strength. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all of our staff and customers. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We are committed to attracting, recruiting, retaining and advancing a diverse team that is responsive to the needs of our diverse clients. Under-represented groups, BIPOC members, women and veterans encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE JOB
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Review the eligibility determination to check for accuracy and completion. Assist practitioners in communicating program eligibility criteria, including eligibility packet/application submission and income verification as needed. Develop, demonstrate, and maintain programmatic knowledge and competency in all WIOA programs by utilizing internal and external policy, as well as pertinent law, regulations, and legislation.
- Provide general clerical support functions including copying, filing, scanning, faxing, meeting minutes, forms up-keep, processing incoming and outgoing mail, and special projects. Provide general technical computer support to WIOA unit, using various software programs.
- Update and maintain program orientation documents as appropriate. Collaborate with practitioners to design and implement customer orientations as needed. Collect and distribute orientation documents.
- Act as point of contact for all things related to Career Path Services’ participant/programmatic payroll system including setup, monitoring, WEX agreements, and Host site certifications. Responsible for the ongoing training and maintenance of the payroll system as it relates to onboarding new host worksites, participants, and Practitioners.
- Review support service vouchers according to applicable unit policy for assigned Branch/Service Area and as a back-up to other Branch/Service Areas as needed. Route authorized vouchers to the appropriate fiscal administrative staff. Maintain list of outstanding purchase receipts to be reconciled in a timely manner.
- Reviews, screens and routes incoming calls and emails; supplies information and takes message to appropriate staff. Provides information and answers questions within scope of knowledge.
- Assist in proofreading, editing, writing, and publishing agency policies, forms, and RFPs.
- Responsible for timely data entry and review of various administrative and programmatic items.
- Performs related work as required
We look for individuals who exhibit our organizational core competencies and who have the knowledge of, or ability to learn the key technical competencies and skills for this job.
Technical Competencies and Skills
- Ability to develop customer relationships in a respectful manner as well as assess needs, meet standards for service and evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and prioritize workload while maintaining confidentiality in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to business needs and work well under pressure.
- Ability to organize individual work tasks and outcomes to meet deadlines.
- Effective problem solving and conflict resolutions skills.
- Exceptional communication, writing skills.
Organizational Core Values
- Integrity: Stay true to our mission, purpose, and vision; act in harmony with our beliefs and values; gain trust while respecting boundaries; keep commitments, hold ourselves and others accountable.
- Courage: Take smart risks and challenge status quo; challenge actions inconsistent with organization’s values; speak up, even when uncomfortable; perform heroic actions advocating for those the organization serves.
- Generosity: Extend hospitality, appreciation, and have dedication to serve others; seek what is best for the organization rather than self; act humbly; treat everyone with kindness and dignity.
- Visionary: Embrace an entrepreneurial spirit; pioneer new ideas and demonstrate curiosity; embrace failure to break boundaries and learn rapidly; be willing to do things differently; adapt and stay nimble by finding time to simplify.
- Leadership: Humbly guide and lead others to make a positive difference; contribute to the larger good; share knowledge; commit self and others to professional growth; be a life-long learner; engage in open, honest communication.
- Excellence: Perform with integrity to ensure accurate and competent results with a positive impact; extend beyond minimum expectations; consider other points of view; think critically and problem solve by identifying root causes; show unity through teamwork.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- Advanced level use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; and other business-related networking applications, as appropriate.
- Minimum of one year experience as an administrative assistant or related field.
- Top communication skills, both oral and written, are imperative
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse and fast-paced environment and demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and cultural competency.
- A business school or college degree.
- Experience in workforce development.
- Demonstrated success working with people from a variety of backgrounds which may include disabilities, criminal history, homeless, family violence, poverty, etc.
- Leading health care package, including medical with both F.S.A. and H.S.A. options, dental, and vision
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary/supplemental group term life insurance, group AD&D insurance, hospital indemnity coverage, accident coverage, critical illness coverage, legal coverage, and identity theft coverage
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with a leading employer discretionary contribution
- Paid Vacation (accrue 12 hours/month), Sick (accrue 8 hours/month), Bereavement (1 week), Jury Duty and Military Leave
- 13 Paid Holidays, including Floating Holiday and Birthday Holiday
- Cell Phone Reimbursement Allowance, Home Internet Reimbursement Allowance and Personal Development Reimbursement Allowances
- Tuition Reimbursement program and a qualified employer for the Federal Loan Forgiveness Program
ABOUT CAREER PATH SERVICES
Career Path Services is a workforce development and employment training 501(c)3 nonprofit headquartered in Spokane, WA. As an organization, we pride ourselves in being a part of our community and truly enriching the community we work in. We value our diverse team-based environments while recognizing the creativity and initiative of individuals. Career Path Services is committed to honoring our employees’ service to our mission and values by providing continuous training and development opportunities. We have been honored to be named a top 50 Best Nonprofits to Work For by the Nonprofit Times seven years in a row, and are more than proud of our employees who make this happen. Our amazing employees make us a great place to work because of their high character and competence.
Career Path Services is an equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to persons of disability. TTY relay 1-800-833-6388.
Job: Program Technician
Primary Location: Spokane, WA/Hybrid
Salary: Full salary range is $47,000-66,000 annually. Most starting salaries start at or near the base of the range, however could be higher DOE.
Recruitment Closing Date: TBD– The hiring authority reserves the right to make hiring decisions and/or close this posting at any time. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early.
How to ApplyApply on our site: https://careerpathservices.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2z2ud2m3wsd
56 total views, 0 today