Full-Time Program Specialist, Culture Blocks
The Program Specialist will be a vital member of a constituent-driven department, supporting both operational and marketing/communication elements of the Culture Blocks program, an initiative funded by Mecklenburg County designed to connect residents with cultural programming that speaks to their interests and occurs close to where they live. This position works closely with members of the Grants & Services and Marketing/Communication teams and is responsible for coordination and management of multiple program related projects and tasks, ensuring that deadlines are met both internally and externally. The Program Specialist regularly interfaces with staff, cultural and community partners, individual artists, vendors and neighborhood residents to coordinate program delivery. Applicants for this position must be proactive, detail-oriented, well organized, hard-working, and adaptable/flexible within ASC’s constituent-focused, fast-paced environment. This position requires effective and disciplined tactical execution. Applicants must also demonstrate the ability to work with and in diverse communities (race, ethnicity, socio-economic, etc.) A passion for and understanding of the cultural community and its work in the community is essential.
- Provide leadership to annual ASC hosted community events in each of the ten geographic areas of focus – to include space reservations, catering arrangements, talent booking, material preparation, RSVP management, marketing support and data analysis.
- Support Program Director with event related logistics for other ASC hosted community and partner events, as relevant.
- Review Culture Blocks funding applications, along with Program Director, to ensure program eligibility requirements are met.
- Assist with management of grants database to include: processing contracts/payments, list pulls and maintaining/organizing paper and electronic files.
- Provide technical support and counsel to applicants preparing requests for funding through Culture Blocks Program Investments, Cultural Activator and/or other relevant funding mechanisms.
- Support Program Director with administration of funded contracts – including notifications, documentation of funded program modifications and receipt of reporting. Prepare written quarterly updates on funded activity and participation for submission to Mecklenburg County.
- Maintain comprehensive contact list of Library and Parks & Recreation facilities and other frequently used program site facilities and spaces.
- Conduct site visits to funded activities.
- Monitor and respond to general inquiries to the Culture Blocks email and phone accounts.
- Assist Communications Manager to execute, monitor and manage annual marketing plan for Culture Blocks (digital and print ads, texting, collateral, etc.).
- Ensure all funded partner programming is listed on CharlotteCultureGuide.com.
- Manage and update all Culture Blocks related content including cultural events and relevant funding opportunities on ArtsAndScience.org.
- Research, identify and cultivate additional community partners that will drive awareness of Culture Blocks and its funded activities.
- Work with photographers to build and manage Culture Blocks photo library.
- Work closely with the Communications team to craft stories and unique content which explores and celebrates Culture Blocks.
Successful performance in this position requires an individual with the ability to work with and in diverse communities (race, ethnicity, socio-economic, etc.), collaborate creatively and work effectively with internal and external partners, and the ability to oversee and manage activities that accomplish program and organizational goals. This position requires effective and disciplined tactical execution.
- At least 2-5 years of relevant experience based on abovementioned responsibilities.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish (verbal and written) is preferred / desired.
- The ability to interact with staff and community leaders and residents at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Commitment to service excellence and added value with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to apply overall mission of the organization to make informed decisions.
- Effective execution of building engagement via social media efforts for an organization.
- Proficiency in digital channels.
- Computer skills – must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, WordPress, and Email. Database experience preferred
- Position will have work space in the ASC office. Work will be performed in various locations both internal and external to the workplace.
- Work is performed in a fast-paced office environment with frequent interruptions from phone calls and conversations.
- Attendance and participation at events and activities throughout the cultural community will be expected from time-to-time outside of normal office hours and on weekends.
- Occasionally will be asked to lift, carry, set-up and clean-up materials.
How to ApplyHow to apply:
- Please email resume and cover letter with “Culture Blocks, Program Specialist” in the subject line to: email@example.com by 6 p.m., Sunday, August 14, 2022.
- No phone calls or follow-up emails, please.
273 total views, 1 today