Full-Time Program Coordinator
Employment Location: Salt Lake City with regular travel around Utah. Bike Utah utilizes a hybrid work model with some work being done in person and some opportunity for remote work.
Benefits: Competitive salary, Health Insurance including dental and vision, IRA Contribution Match, Paid Leave, Employee Assistance Program, and Per Diem and Travel allowances
Start date: Fall 2022
Program Coordinators work collaboratively to implement the Bicycle Education and Safety Training (BEST) Program and provide programmatic support to other Bike Utah programs.
The primary focus of the Program Coordinator is the Youth BEST Program. The Youth BEST Program is a four-hour curriculum that includes on-bike training geared towards students in the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th grades across all of Utah. The program gives participants the skills and knowledge necessary to safely and confidently get around by bicycle. More information about the program can be found at bikeutah.org/youth.
Additionally, this Program Coordinator will provide support in the development of new vocational training programs. In an effort to continuously grow and respond to current community needs, Bike Utah is currently piloting a basic bike mechanics program in partnership with Juvenile Justice Services and will be exploring other avenues for offering this sort of programming.
Program Coordinator Core Roles and Responsibilities
- Teach bicycle skills and safety to 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th graders through the implementation of the BEST curriculum, with a focus on vehicular cycling.
- Participate in the development of a bicycle mechanics curriculum and the implementation of this program
- Create, map, and lead student community rides while ensuring participant safety. These group rides can consist of up to 35 students with two adult riders and take place on the road.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of program implementation and metrics.
- Collaborate with BEST Program Director and other Coordinators on ongoing improvements and changes to the program.
- Maintain bikes and equipment used for the Youth BEST Program.
- Travel the state of Utah in a 35’ box truck to implement the program.
- Update BEST’s driving log book as needed.
- Build relationships with community partners to generate interest in and exposure of the program (e.g. local bike shops, media, local government, etc.).
Considered Position Qualifications
- Experience in program facilitation, development or teaching
- Bicycle maintenance and repair experience and industry familiarity
- A positive attitude, flexibility, and willingness to participate in the craziness of developing and piloting a new program
- Cross-cultural competency and sensitivity
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle numerous responsibilities, including competency with Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Forms)
- Smartphone competency.
- Self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a high-performing team
- Able to drive a 35-foot box truck. Training will be provided. CDL not required.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to Education Director Ashley Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
686 total views, 0 today