Full-Time Program Associate, GreenLight Philadelphia
GreenLight Fund is a national nonprofit with a local focus that partners with communities to create opportunities for inclusive prosperity.
Each year we facilitate a community-driven process that matches the local needs of individuals and families not met by existing programs, to organizations with track records of success elsewhere. Working with communities, we identify, invite in and launch proven organizations, providing collaborative support so they can quickly take root and deliver change.
Everything we do is designed to remove barriers to inclusive prosperity all too often rooted in racial inequities. Our impact increases exponentially as we address one specific, community-identified need each year, in each GreenLight site.
Since 2004, we have launched 44 portfolio organizations across eleven sites, invested $30.5M, and attracted an additional $206M from other funding sources, reaching more than 550,000 individuals and families last year alone.
To learn more about the GreenLight Fund, please visit www.greenlightfund.org.
GreenLight Fund Philadelphia Overview
GreenLight Fund Philadelphia has 7 organizations that make up our portfolio: Single Stop USA, Year Up, Center for Employment Opportunities, ParentChild+, Compass Working Capital, Hopeworks and The Fountain Fund. Together, these organizations reach thousands of families and individuals in distinct ways that help them advance economically.
We seek an independent, highly organized, and community focused Program Associate with a passion for equity and addressing economic mobility for historically under-resourced communities in the greater Philadelphia area. This position will report to the Executive Director of GreenLight Fund Philadelphia, and work collaboratively across a growing local team as well as the GreenLight Fund national network of sites.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Research current, relevant local social issues and priorities facing historically underserved children, youth and families with barriers to social and economic mobility.
- Perform local landscape analysis including qualitative and quantitative market research, data evaluation and attending meetings with key stakeholders and relevant local leaders with the Executive Director.
- Conduct due diligence on prospective portfolio organizations, including financial evaluation and impact assessments.
- Record, synthesize and produce reports and briefs based on analysis and key findings.
- Write grant proposals, requests, reports and end of year asks/payment reminders.
- Establish local office and related operations, including tracking of site expenses.
- Work across national sites to identify effective internal practices to replicate and implement locally.
- Support with portfolio management.
- Prepare presentations and supporting materials for all Selection Advisory Council meetings, including agendas, focus area briefs and research/diligence findings.
- Maintain internal management, data and reporting systems (experience with Salesforce, Apricot and Box is a plus, but not required) Marketing Communications and Investor Relations.
- Support planning and execution of annual launch events, showcasing our newest portfolio organization and impact.
- Support Executive Director with creation and execution of annual communications plan including ongoing maintenance of GreenLight Fund Philadelphia’s social media (twitter), and quarterly e-newsletters via Mailchimp, GreenLight Fund Philadelphia’s website pages and contribute to blog postings.
- Support execution of GreenLight Philadelphia’s annual donor stewardship/investor relations plan, including investor outreach, cultivation, engagement and stewardship
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of related experience.
This position is based in GreenLight Fund Philadelphia.
The salary for this position is $74,000.
GreenLight offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO and parental leave, as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, FSA, EAP, remote work assistance, health and wellbeing benefits, and a professional development stipend.
GreenLight Fund is committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion at every level of the organization. GreenLight Fund recognizes and appreciates the value of building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment. GreenLight Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, region, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at **@gr************.org.
How to ApplyTo apply, please submit a thoughtful resume and cover letter here.
720 total views, 0 today