Full-Time Press Secretary / Associate Communications Director
Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention advocacy organization in the nation, is seeking a passionate, dedicated professional to join our team as a Press Secretary or Associate Communications Director. The position will support the brand and profile of the Moms Demand Action principal and Everytown’s grassroots networks, Moms Demand Action and Students Demand Action. This position is perfect for a candidate with a strong rolodex of reporters, excellent organizational skills, and experience staffing a principal. We seek candidates who thrive working in a campaign-like environment and bring a passion for pitching and media relations. The position will report to Everytown’s Director of Grassroots Communications.
- Help build the brand and profile of a new principal and of the organization as Moms Demand Action embarks on its next 10 years of advocacy.
- Manage extensive writing and editing responsibilities.
- Engage directly with journalists on both reactive and proactive media relations.
Position is to be based in Washington, D.C., with a hybrid work schedule.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 3+ years of communications experience
- Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to create dynamic, persuasive communications materials – including press releases, talking points, speeches, op-eds, remarks, briefing materials, communication plans and more
- Experience or an interest in highlighting the power of a grassroots movement and growing the national profile of organizations and principals to a broad and diverse audience of policymakers, press, volunteers, partners and influencers
- Proven communication and media relations experience, with the ability to work effectively across various media and platforms
- Proven experience in developing short and long-term communications plans
- Experience or an interest in principal pitching and prep for speaking engagements and high level engagement with partners and more
- Interest in politics and advocacy on a national, state, and local level
- Willingness to work with a growing team in a fast-paced, campaign-like environment (including sometimes unpredictable hours and crisis situations)
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and an eagerness to take part in organizational wide DEI work
- Passion for making progress to end gun violence and enthusiasm to be a dynamic team player with a sense of humor
- While not required, knowledge of gun violence prevention issues is a plus
- Applications will be reviewed and candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis
- Candidates may be required to perform a short writing exercise
- As part of our standard hiring process, employment with Everytown will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check
The annualized salary range for this position is $62,500 to $82,500. Everytown offers a generous benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, PTO, 401K Match, Education Assistance and more.
About Everytown for Gun Safety
Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund (“Everytown for Gun Safety”) is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the nation with nearly ten million supporters, including parents, students, survivors, educators, gun owners, and Americans fighting for commonsense gun safety. Through victories in Congress, statehouses, corporate America, the courts, and town halls across the country, Everytown is helping change how Americans think about this public health threat. At the core of Everytown is Moms Demand Action, a grassroots movement of American mothers founded the day after the Sandy Hook tragedy, and Students Demand Action. Learn more at everytown.org and follow us @Everytown.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
How to ApplyFor consideration, please complete an application via our website: https://www.everytown.org/jobs/?gh_jid=5006756
62 total views, 1 today