Full-Time Pediatric Staff Nurse
Harbor Health Services is an innovative, growing, mission-based organization that lives, serves and collaborates with our community members to achieve our mission to help individuals reach their full potential through access to local, affordable services that promote health. Harbor provides medical, behavioral health, dental, and support services to more than 34,000 patients in Boston, the South Shore, and Cape Cod. Harbor Health also operates two Programs for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly in Mattapan and Brockton, providing comprehensive healthcare, transportation and social services for more than 450 frail elders who continue to live with dignity and independence in the community and a Woman, Infants and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program. To help further the mission of Harbor, we are looking for an extremely talented Pediatric Staff Nurse – RN to join our team at the Daniel Driscoll-Neponset Health Center.
The Pediatric Staff Nurse – RN provides nursing services at the top of the incumbent’s license to patients in accordance with all applicable Massachusetts State Laws as well as regulations promulgated by the Department of Public Health and Harbor Health Services, Inc. Duties include but are not limited to: triage; access; case management; and nursing support of clinical sessions. Hours will include and evening and weekend rotation shift.
Harbor Health is looking for a great nurse to join an outstanding and well-established community healthcare team in the Pediatric Dept. at the Daniel Driscoll-Neponset Health Center! Come join our dedicated, community focused healthcare team!
Our position is offered with a full Benefits Package including Health, Dental and Vision, generous paid time off plus 11 paid holidays annually, parking on site and competitive salary! Student loan repayment opportunities (National Health Service Corps/Public Service Loan Forgiveness/State programs) available at our health center sites! For more info click here: Nurse Corps Loan Repayment
• Performs routine nursing care to patients, while utilizing age specific guidelines and standard precaution practices at all times.
• In conjunction with care team and/or provider, assists in the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan of care.
• Administers medications and vaccinations to patients orally, topically, subcutaneously, intradermal and intramuscularly as order by provider or following standing orders policy.
• Certifies that emergency equipment in clinical area is appropriately maintained and working.
• Participates in team, department and clinic meetings to learn, support process improvement and contribute to care plans as appropriate.
• Provides cross coverage and training for staff in similar roles as needed.
• Provides health coaching and teaching for common conditions (i.e. asthma, diabetes…) through individual nurse visits, group visits and co-visits with other disciplines (clinical pharmacy, Behavioral Health, nutrition, physicals…) as appropriate/needed.
• Assists patients/families with staying up to date with clinical care guidelines, immunizations and health maintenance tests.
• Supports transitions of care through nurse visits after ED/Hospitalizations as appropriate.
Preferred/Required Experience, Education, Skills:
• Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse (RN) and Current BLS (Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers) required, BSN preferred.
• Excellent customer service and verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to effectively work within both a team setting and independently
• Ability to work effectively with economically, racially and linguistically diverse customers, bilingual a plus!
• Basic computer literacy including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and familiarity with Electronic Medical Record software, EPIC/OCHIN highly desired.
• Experience in a community health setting and/or ambulatory care or health insurance environment preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
*$2500 on hire and $2500 after 90 days in good standing, former employees of Harbor Health not eligible.
How to ApplyPlease apply online using the link provided or call for more information. https://www.hhsi.us/about-us/join-our-team/
66 total views, 0 today