Part-Time Part-Time Temporary Position Communications Officer
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a part-time, temporary Communications Officer. This position supports the Security & Safety Department and reports directly to the department’s Director. The work schedule for this position may vary, but will typically include approximately 15 hours per week working late afternoon and evening shifts up to 10:00 p.m.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age – perceived or actual, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use the use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance diversity and equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Vice President of Human resources and Compliance, (360) 992-2105.
Communications Officers receive training in law enforcement and emergency communications procedures, transmits, receives, and relays information concerning public safety and law enforcement activities to, from, and between mobile units and stations, other State, county, and Federal law enforcement agencies and the public by means of radio, multi line telephone systems, computer terminals, private line intercom systems, and other telecommunications devices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicate with security staff, or other college personnel via radio and telephone.
• Receive communications from students and/or the public by telephone and in person.
• Monitor the status and location of all active units.
• Operate a radio console, multi-line telephone system, and computer terminal.
• Perform data inquiries in multiple computerized systems and databases.
• Perform data entry and maintain document files.
• Maintain the confidentiality of records, student information and other data.
• Receive and transfer telephone calls; relay information to staff or take messages when appropriate.
• Transmit alerts, timely warnings and other emergency information through the college’s mass notification systems.
• Serve as a designated Campus Security Authority as defined by the Clery Act.
• Coordinate communication with outside entities such as police, fire, EMS and alarm companies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Competencies:
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
• Experience as a dispatcher with a public service or emergency services agency. Dispatch experience associated with military duty may be considered. Dispatch experience with private entities such as towing companies, private ambulance, private security, taxi services or others may be considered.
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to quickly learn new software systems as required. Experience with systems such as Report Exec, SiPass, InformaCast, RAVE Alert and/or closed circuit security camera systems is highly desired.
• Experience with effective two-way communications via radio is highly desired.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups and individuals. Bilingual and multi-lingual skills are highly desired.
• Commitment to actively contribute to a work environment that embraces equity and inclusion and uses diverse perspectives to enhance the attainment of organizational mission and goals.
• Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills. Ability to consistently deliver work meeting high standards of both quality and precision.
• Ability to adapt and effectively respond to dynamic events, even when circumstances are unclear. Ability to adjust to changing needs, requirements and expectations as required.
• Ability to remain professional, enthusiastic and committed to service. Ability to deal with difficult people and situations combined with the ability to remain calm in a stressful environment.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Ability to work at a computer work station for long periods of time.
• Willingness and Ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with colleagues in a fast-paced, high-energy and high-pressure environment.
• Must exhibit good work attendance.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally and socio-economic diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
• There are no other benefits associated with this position.
Open until filled.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERAILS:
• Clark College Application
• Current Resume
• Responses to Supplemental Questions included in the online application
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360) 992-2105.
The safety and security of all members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security & Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 3-year period may be requests from the Clark College Security & Safety Department, (360) 992-2133 or can be accessed online at http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php.
If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work in the United States of America.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES:
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Any inquiries related to this posting should be submitted to Clark College Human Resources at (360) 992-2105.
Clark College Human Resources
October 7, 2019
How to ApplyPlease apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
21 total views, 1 today