Full-Time Packaging Equipment Technician (Nightshift)
Packaging Equipment Technician (Nightshift)
Responsible for the equipment and machinery necessary to convert ready-to-package beer into saleable product. Primary focus is on operating and maintaining high-speed packaging lines.
This is a Night shift position with the hours of 6pm-6am. There is a Night shift differential of $6.00 between the hours of 6pm-6am.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Adheres to SOG’s (Standard Operating Guidelines) and checklists necessary to operate within equipment and product specifications
- Conducts machine start-up, operation, and shutdown relevant to equipment area; could include beer packaging in an aseptic manner
- Resets machine configuration (changeover) for various types/sizes of packages
- Cleans (both In Place and Out of Place) and sanitizes the network of pipes, valves, flow meters, sensors, packaging machinery, and surrounding areas. Ensures an environmentally clean work environment through the use of cleaning equipment and related chemicals including completion of daily 5S/6S tasks.
- Conducts initial troubleshooting of equipment and production issues and makes appropriate adjustment as needed. This includes frequent communication with and assistance to Maintenance Operators and Mechanical Technicians.
- Engages in quality assurance activities (corrective action, sensory evaluation, sampling, testing, etc.)
- Communicates effectively with others on shift and on proceeding or preceding shifts, including daily pass down of conditions related to safety, productivity, quality, and cost. Sets daily priorities based upon production schedules and needs of the department based on direction from Supervisor or Lead
- Loads/unloads material and finished product as needed per position, including driving fork lifts
- Participates in administrative duties required of the job
- Trains new personnel and other team members when needed.
Desired Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience with high speed production equipment desired
- Solid mechanical skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read reports, instructions, and procedures
- A post offer/pre-hire assessment will be performed to insure the candidate can meet the physical requirements of the job:
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs. overhead and 44 lbs. carried 10 feet.
- Ability to push/pull weights up to 76 lbs. across 100 feet, and maintain the grip strength required to carry objects including cases and empty kegs (31.5 lbs.).
- Must also show fine motor dexterity.
- Ability to demonstrate their ability to climb, stoop, crawl, twist, squat and reach overhead.
- The position requires frequent, constant standing and walking.
Wage information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is Bell’s and New Belgium’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, or other position-related reasons.
Starting Wage: $20.00
All Full time Coworkers at Bell’s and New Belgium enjoy the following benefits after one calendar month of employment: Medical & Dental Insurance (options available for dependents), Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, PTO, 401k Match, Paid Caregiver Leave, and Profit Sharing. Certain positions with ‘On Call’ responsibilities may be eligible for phone/data reimbursement. Details will be shared, and questions answered during our interview process.
Bell’s and New Belgium welcomes all. We are committed to building an environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive within our own walls and amidst the entire craft beer community.
Bell’s and New Belgium strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
How to ApplyPlease go to: www.newbelgium.com/company/careers/ and follow prompts to apply.
43 total views, 1 today