Full-Time Outside Plant Construction Technician I
As an Outside Plant Construction Technician I in Waunakee WI, you will perform the general labor associated with outside plant construction for PON/fiber optic networks. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting with the installation of communications facilities (both buried and aerial). Work is performed in accordance with state and local regulations in a safe manner.
As an Outside Plant Construction Technician I, you will have the opportunity to obtain a Class A CDL through our in-house training program. You will attend safety training at one of our new facilities where you will also be trained on Pole Climbing and Bucket Trucks. On-the-job training includes exposure to various construction equipment including Directional Drill Rigs, Mini Excavators, Trenchers, and Locators. Fiber optic training includes Fusion Splicing, Fault Detection, and exposure to OTDRs and other advanced testing equipment.
This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus! (Payout terms apply)
TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS Telecom/TDS®) delivers high-speed internet, TV entertainment, and phone services to a mix of rural and suburban communities throughout the U.S. With 1.2 million connections, TDS is a rapidly growing technology company. Powered by fiber-optics and new industry-leading technologies, TDS delivers up to 8 Gigabit internet speeds and offers internet-protocol based TV entertainment solutions along with traditional phone services. TDS also offers businesses VoIP advanced communications solutions, dedicated internet service, data networking, and hosted-managed services. Visit tdstelecom.com.
TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, Wis., employs 3,500 people and is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000® company. Founded in 1969, Telephone and Data Systems provides wireless, broadband, video and voice; and hosted and managed services to approximately 6 million connections nationwide through its businesses: UScellular, TDS Telecom, and OneNeck IT Solutions. Visit tdsinc.com.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (TDS), a Fortune 1000® company, provides wireless; broadband, video and voice; and hosted and managed services to approximately 6 million connections nationwide through its businesses, UScellular, TDS Telecom, and OneNeck IT Solutions. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Chicago, TDS employed approximately 8,900 associates as of June 30, 2022.
- Performs general construction labor in various weather conditions while utilizing safety fundamentals.
- Assists with and performs the transportation of required construction equipment to and from the worksite.
- Assists with and performs the placement of new aerial and buried fiber according to maps, staking sheets, and locate markings.
- Uses hand tools, cable locators, and test equipment.
- Installs and/or sets enclosures (buried and aerial) vaults, pedestals, and handholes.
- Climbs poles, ladders, towers, and other structures as needed; uses bucket truck when required.
- Marks/labels fiber optic and/or copper facilities.
- Uses dispatching application and associated tools.
- Assists with fiber splicing and repairs.
- Assists with outside plant preventative maintenance.
- Performs landscape restoration after project completion.
- Services, cleans, maintains, and repairs equipment.
- Completes all related paperwork in a timely manner.
- Provides assistance to field services technicians, as needed
The functions listed above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
- 6+ months experience in any combination of the following areas: customer service, electrical or utility construction, or TDS Telecom Field Services internship -OR-technical certification (or higher) -OR- current military service, or prior military service with honorable discharge.
- Must follow the TDS attendance guidelines in order to meet TDS’s business needs including but not limited to our obligations to our customers and to our customers’ needs.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and remain eligible for DOT requirements.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Class A CDL. A current CDL is preferred at hire, but TDS will train and certify eligible associates through its in-house CDL certification program after hire.
- Physical requirements may vary based on company needs: Ability to climb poles, ladders, towers, and other structures as needed. Ability to kneel, dig, lift, and pull.
- Upon hire, must successfully complete customer-specific requirements, which may include a background check administered by the customer.
- Basic understanding of telecommunication products and services.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Requires being available for on-call/standby responsibilities and may require occasional travel.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed. May be required to work various/swing shifts as business needs dictate.
- Must be able to operate vehicles with manual transmissions.
Do you meet all of the Required Qualifications, but aren’t sure if your experience meets the Other Qualifications? We encourage you to apply! Research shows that some candidates may not apply for jobs unless they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications, when, in fact, they have the skills and experience to be successful in the role! Experience and skills come in many different forms and may not always look identical to what we have on paper, but still lead to success in the role. If you meet the Required Qualifications and believe you have what it takes to be successful in the position, apply today!
How to ApplyCareers - TDS Telecom - Outside Plant Construction Technician I in Waunakee, Wisconsin | Careers at TDS Corporate (icims.com)
90 total views, 0 today