Full-Time New Jersey Career Success Coordinator
Are you ready to directly impact the lives of first-generation college students and champion economic mobility for all?
Did you know that only 21% of low income, first-generation students in the U.S. graduate from college within six years? Those who do graduate have a median household income 27% lower than their peers. While there are a multitude of college access programs for high school seniors and job assistance programs for low-wage earners, there are few programs that ensure first-generation students stay in school and build the skills necessary to prepare for long-term careers. This is where America Needs You (ANY) comes in.
ANY fights for economic mobility for ambitious, first-generation college students by providing transformative mentorship and intensive career development. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in New York City, ANY expanded to New Jersey in 2012, Illinois in 2015, and California in 2016, growing from serving 50 students to nearly 600 students annually. In 2021, ANY launched FirstGenU, a new virtual program designed to help 10,000 first-generation college students navigate their careers. Visit www.americaneedsyou.org to learn more.
ANY is currently seeking an ambitious and organized Career Success Coordinator to implement our Fellows Program in New Jersey. As a Career Success Coordinator, you will provide career counseling and deliver a series of professional development workshops over the course of two years for a cohort of Fellows (ambitious, first-generation college students) and their Mentor Coaches (accomplished professionals). In addition to delivering workshops, you will be the primary point of contact for Fellows, including supporting them through personal, academic, and professional challenges, and securing internships.
The NJ Career Success Coordinator reports directly to the NJ Program Manager. The position is based in Jersey City, New Jersey, and is currently hybrid, requiring in-person attendance at the office some days of the week, in-person attendance at monthly Saturday workshops, and in-person attendance at other work-related events/meetings, as needed.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· Is committed to ANY’s mission of supporting ambitious, first-generation college students
- Is excited about building their skills in facilitation, advising, career counseling and event planning
- Is passionate about data and analytics to improve outcomes for first-generation college students
- A warm, collaborative work environment with a rich culture of support and feedback
- A generous benefits package (health/dental insurance, 403(b), FSA, three weeks vacation, etc.)
- Ongoing internal and external opportunities for professional development
- Connections to a large, high-powered professional network
- Provide career counseling and professional development to approximately 100 Fellows to ensure they persist in college and attain an internship placement throughout the program
- Ensure Fellows meet all programmatic requirements and expectations, and provide timely interventions and support plans
- Assess Fellows’ skills and assist them in understanding various internship and career options
- Prepare Fellows for successful internship applications and interviews
- Provide Fellows with confidence building, coaching, and crisis management support
- Support academic development for Fellows through study skills, effective use of campus resources, and transfer advisement (for community college students)
- Facilitate workshops, manage logistics, moderate panels, and facilitate group discussions
- Analyze Fellow outcomes by tracking data on internship rates, program standing, attendance, and program retention
- upport Volunteers and provide case management to Volunteer and Fellow pairs
- Plan, prepare, and conduct recruitment sessions, and other events at colleges throughout NJ
- Interview and evaluate Fellow and Mentor Coach applicants; track results and support robust external communications
- Additional projects and duties as determined by local and national program teams
- Minimum 2 years of experience, preferably in career counseling or a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree required – all majors and professionals backgrounds are welcome to apply
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results-driven environment
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening and mediation skills, with a high level of empathy
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Desire for continuous improvement and openness to feedback
- Willingness to work approximately 12 Saturdays per year, plus occasional evenings
- Microsoft Office proficiency
America Needs You offers a competitive salary and benefits package. ANY employees receive ample vacation time and the opportunity to work with a talented team on projects that have a real impact in their community.
How to Apply
To Apply:Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line NJ Career Success Coordinator - Last_Name, First_Name). Please note that your application will not be considered without a cover letter. No phone calls please. Salary for this position is in the low-$50k range, commensurate with experience.
28 total views, 0 today