Full-Time Mortgage Loan Officer
The Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) assists clients with the origination of residential mortgage loans, including providing analysis and advice to current and prospective clients on home lending solutions that meet their needs and financial objectives. The MLO is expected to develop referrals as a means to grow Key’s home lending business and client base. The MLO is expected to meet or exceed established sales goals while maintaining high standards of client satisfaction and loan quality.
- Prospects home lending business to build and develop new client loan originations and relationships and new originations. This can include developing internal referral relationships as well as developing external centers of influence to refer home lending opportunity
- Originate and process 1-4 family residential real estate mortgage transactions in accordance with Home Lending process and product guidelines
- Responsible for gathering documents at the time of registering a loan and is expected to remain, the primary point of contact for the client during the duration of the loan process
- This person is to maintain high standards of client satisfaction and quality, ensure sales/originator systems and workflows are efficiently controlled.
- Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge of products and services as well as knowledge of competitors and competitive products while serving as the subject matter expert within the market
- Maintains proficiency on sales/originator systems and develop and maintain efficient workflows
- Keeps informed of trends and developments in the real estate market and mortgage industry
- Ability to foster internal and external relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned; duties, responsibilities and/or activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Complies with all KeyBank policies and procedures, including without limitation, acting professionally at all times, conducting business ethically, avoiding conflicts of interest, and acting in the best interests of Key’s clients and Key.
- Bachelor’s Degree Business related field or equivalent experience (preferred)
- 3+ years Experience as a loan officer in 1st mortgage production (preferred)
- 3+ years Working knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, TIL regulations, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, RESPA regulations, local and state real estate and finance laws (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Proficient in sales and service skills; including tele-consulting, prospecting, networking and COI relationship management.
- Strong financial acumen
- Emotional Intelligence: Describes the concepts and underlying tenets of emotional intelligence (EI) as a skill and cites examples as to the impact of EI on business results
- Business Acumen: Works to understand the business priorities of internal and external clients and can describe relevant profitability drivers and considerations
- Oral & Written Communication: Develops a clear, complete understanding of needs and problems through careful listening, probing, reflecting, and summarizing; conducts discussions that are sincere and fully expressed
All KeyBank employees are expected to demonstrate Key’s Values and sustain proficiency in identified Leadership Competencies.
- General Office – Prolonged sitting, ability to communicate face to face in person or on the phone with teammates and clients, frequent use of PC/laptop, occasional lifting/pushing/pulling of backpacks, computer bags up to 10 lbs.
- May need to drive to multiple locations in a single day; ability to operate a motor vehicle with a valid driver’s license required.
How to ApplyPlease reach out to the KeyBank recruiter: Stacy Link at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume.
87 total views, 0 today