Full-Time Medical Writer & Graphic Design
We’re a Toronto-based agency that creates custom end-to-end workplace learning solutions for our clients. We design, develop, and deliver all the materials that large organizations need to train their employees. Our products and services include eLearning, blended learning, mobile, video, learning strategy, systems training, onboarding, performance support, and medical writing.
Our focus is on creating the highest quality learning experiences for our clients. We’re content developers at our core, and it’s through a thoughtful combination of experience, innovation, and strategy that we figure out and execute the most powerful ways to train people.
Everything we create is ultra-custom and built in a strong partnership with our clients, so that they can each meet their specific and unique business objectives. We consult across a range of industries, including pharmaceutical, financial services, government, and Crown Corporations.
We are proudly a People First company, and an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse team makes us stronger. This includes diversity of individual identities, as well as of thought, opinion, and skill sets. We take action to create an inclusive and equitable workplace and community. Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this role or another role.
We seek out input, support, and feedback from diverse stakeholders to get the best results. We also aim to work with organizations that share our strong commitments to driving equity and equality.
We encourage people from all backgrounds and identities to apply, and to please let us know if you need any type of accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
We are committed to our team’s wellbeing and trust our people to get their job done from where they feel happiest and most productive. We have several perks our staff can enjoy as well, which include a 4.5-day work week, benefits from day one, extra paid time-off allotments, career development opportunities, and more. Our physical offices are now open; however, we will operate as a 100% work-flex company. You’ll be able to work from our offices, from home, or a combination of both!
All interviews will take place over the phone/video.
Strength through Diversity
A Step Ahead
As Metrix continues to grow and our industry is increasingly disrupted by technology and innovation, we’re looking for someone to support and contribute to our client-facing medical writing team.
We’re looking for someone who is a strong medical writer and graphic designer with a passion for communicating in a corporate setting. You’re interested in the learning and development field, get excited about consulting to clients in areas you’re not necessarily familiar with (yet!), and have an eye for all-things design. You’re technology savvy, solutions-focused, and hope to quickly grow your career by taking on increasingly complex project and leadership roles.
As a Medical Writer & Graphic Designer, you’ll be contributing and/or leading projects in the healthcare space, writing, editing, and quality-checking scientific content, and help manage clients, vendors, and project teams. You’ll have experience consulting to professionals in healthcare and pharmaceuticals and be comfortable working with clients (many of them senior at their organizations) across a range of other industries. You will have demonstrated problem-solving skills, and an aptitude for navigating ambiguity.
Through your client-focus and commitment to excellence, you will ensure that our deliverables help each client meet their objectives. You’ll have some experience managing direct reports, as well as mentoring your project teams. You do have experience medical writing and designing, and while direct experience in the Learning & Development industry is an asset, it is not required.
You will need to be able to think on your feet, learn new content areas quickly, and have a passion for learning, training, and development.
What You’ll be doing
Design & Develop Medical Learning Solutions
- Conduct research on a variety of medical topics
- Write medical copy that is accurate based on primary research sources
- Complete appropriate referencing of materials and support the client review process
- Develop a range of learning materials including instructor-led and digital-learning solutions
- Work cross functionally in a team to ensure materials are aligned to best practices in instructional and visual design
- Ensure overall quality of your work and the work of others in terms of accuracy, consistency and writing style
- Interpret and incorporate feedback from colleagues and clients
- Create visual design solutions that will be used to complement learning system deliverables, including:
- Creating graphics to accompany text
- Converting photographs and drawings into digital images and then manipulating those images (i.e. models, flowcharts, infographics)
- Designing page layouts, interfaces, navigation components, videos, and animations
- Creating proposals and/or assets
- Consult with clients and our internal project team regarding graphic deliverable needs, including material branding, stock photography, corporate style guides, etc…
- Ensure all final deliverable materials adhere to client requirements (e.g., quality check for fonts, graphic resolutions, branding, etc…)
- Monitor project timelines, deliverables, and project-scope based on your contribution
- Self-manage smaller projects
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and clients around timelines and work effort
- Continually build your expertise in various design and development tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, & variety of rapid authoring tools such as Articulate 360 & Vyond)
- Undergraduate degree or higher in Life Sciences required
- Experience in healthcare marketing/advertising is considered an asset
- Strong writing skills; ability to simplify and communicate complex information
- 1-3 years of learning, training, and development experience considered an asset
- 1-2 years of experience/comfortable with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Effects, and Premiere Pro an asset)
- Experience with Articulate 360 & Vyond an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated graphic design ability
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, and to work independently and collaborate in a high-performance team environment with demanding deadlines
- Demonstrated skills in critical thinking
- Demonstrated ability navigating ambiguity and a commitment to continuous learning
How to ApplyApply using the link here https://metrixgroup.applytojobs.ca/learning and development/21344
145 total views, 4 today