Full-Time Medical Assistant
Our mission at Apicha Community Health Center is to improve the health of our community and to increase access to comprehensive primary care, preventive health services, mental health, and supportive services. We are committed to excellence and to providing culturally competent services that enhance the quality of life. We advocate for and provide a welcoming environment for underserved and vulnerable people, especially Asians and Pacific Islanders, the LGBT Community and individuals living with and affected by HIV/AIDS
Position Title: Medical Assistant
Reports to: Nurse Manager
Position Summary: Works as part of the Care Team; Responsible to ensure highest quality of patient care. Provides support to the Nursing staff and Medical Providers in addressing the health care needs of our patients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Greets patients and brings them to the exam rooms and preps them for the medical provider
• Assists in the clinical care of patients including:
• Doing biopsies, paps, HRA
• Phlebotomy, collection and processing of laboratory specimens
• Vital sign collection, EKGs, Peak flow
• Point of care testing: urine dipstick, fingerstick glucose, Rapid HIV
• Gathers medical information and reports to provider
• Interfaces with laboratories when necessary for patient care
• Ensures that lab results are available at the time of the visit
• Operates and maintains autoclave
• Consults with medical providers at the beginning of each session/and or at a daily meeting to ensure optimum patient flow
• Informs providers when there are medication renewals; executes provider’s orders; Makes referrals for patients
• Monitors the expiration of medical and laboratory supplies
• Monitors the temperature of vaccine and specimen refrigerators and freezers and takes appropriate actions during abnormal occurrences- e.g. abnormal temperature or electrical failure. Maintains temperature logs.
• Participates in interdisciplinary meetings to help determine policies affecting clinical care
• Participates in Quality Improvement activities
• Maintains clinical competence through participation in appropriate learning experiences
• Assists practitioners in the monitoring and maintaining of standards of care
• Stocks examination rooms with supplies on a daily basis as needed
• Performs routine clinical administrative operations including follow-up on abnormal labs, referrals, calling patients, mailing letters, and faxing
• Compliance with Infection Control policies and procedures
• Facilitates related services for health center patients as appropriate with respect to their confidentiality and privacy
• Performs other duties as may be assigned
• High School diploma or GED required
• Completion of accredited Medical Assistant Program and at least one (1) year full time work experience.
• Possession of a current basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation (BLS CPR) certificate.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team.
• Experience working with people living with HIV/AIDS preferred.
• Ability to speak Spanish or Mandarin is strongly preferred.
• Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds in a multi-cultural setting required.
• Knowledge of eClinicalWorks EMR is preferred.
• Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for the position please apply through our Apicha website: https://www.apicha.org/healthcare-jobs-in-new-york-city/
74 total views, 1 today