Full-Time Manager, Programs
BGC Canada is seeking a contract Manager, Programs to join our Club Services team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Programs, this contract position serves as the primary relationship manager for select corporate and government-funded programs. The Manager, Programs will work on youth programming as well as other programming within the BGC Canada program portfolio. This is a full-time, contract role, with a potential opportunity for extension.
About BGC Canada (formerly Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada)
For 120+ years, BGC Canada has created opportunities for millions of Canadian kids and teens. As Canada’s largest child and youth-serving charitable and community services organization, our Clubs open their doors to young people of all ages and their families at 635 locations nationwide. Positive relationships. Essential programs. Opportunity changes everything. Learn more at bgccan.com and follow us on social media @BGCCAN.
About the Role
The Manager, Programs is responsible for managing a portfolio that supports the development of programs and activities that meet the specific needs of our member Clubs. Areas of activity include grant and program design, report writing, grants management, program reporting and evaluation and financial monitoring.
In addition, the Manager, Programs will have a special interest in youth empowerment, mental wellness, education, and closing the digital divide for youth across Canada. This role will also work on the development of a youth strategy that creates a synchronized approach across all programming and initiatives within the organization.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Serve as the primary relationship manager for select corporate and government- funded grant portfolios. Liaise across departments and with member Clubs across Canada to ensure all programmatic and grant timelines are met, including data reporting, evaluation & fiscal reporting.
- Work in a collaborative team environment to enhance service and supports to Clubs and create innovative, high-quality programming through a strategic youth lens.
- Provide programmatic guidance, training, monitoring, and support to local Clubs to ensure quality program implementation in compliance with funded objectives and desired outcomes.
- Utilize relational database to manage both BGC Canada and Club-facing grant portfolios, maintaining contact information, and tracking action items and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate special events, trainings, webinars, and initiatives for Club staff as required to ensure high-quality, intentional programming and excellence.
- Strong organizational skills, and time management
- Strong communication skills with the ability to respond to emails in a timely manner
- A service orientation with a genuine desire and commitment to help your colleagues
- Ability to work on a computer for long periods of time and concentrating which will require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- A ‘can-do’, collaborative, attitude, willing to take initiative on tasks and assignments
- Willingness and ability to learn new technical skills and related concepts
- An enthusiasm for leveraging our technology to help achieve team objectives
- Excellent at meeting deadlines and keeping on top of workload
- Experience and comfort in a Microsoft environment, including Office 365, SharePoint, Salesforce, and Teams
- Demonstrates BGC Canada’s Core Values (Belonging, Respect, Encouragement & Support, Working Together, and Speaking Out)
- Satisfactory clearance under the Vulnerable Sector Screening Process
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a minimum of four (4) years of grant and project management experience in a not-for-profit context.
- Written and oral English fluency, French would be considered an asset.
- Experience in developing e-learning and digital content for a youth audience.
- Is a strategic thinker and is able to work with multiple teams across the organization to implement a successful organizational youth strategy.
- Has knowledge of results-based project management and outcome management.
- Possesses excellent writing, editing and interpersonal skills. Communicates effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to receive and give supportive feedback to foster equity and inclusion in working relationships.
- Is an organizer by nature, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects from creation to completion.
- Has a strong commitment to social justice, EDI, Truth and Reconciliation, and youth development frameworks.
- Having flexibility to accomplish job responsibilities in several work environments, whether it be from home, on the road, or in an office.
Hybrid Working Environment
The successful candidate can work remotely outside Toronto, Ontario; if in Toronto, they will be expected to work in a hybrid model out of the national office. When working from home, the incumbent must have a space where they can work comfortably and focus on their tasks. BGC Canada will provide the necessary technology required to get the job done.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to **@bg****.com and include “Manager, Programs” in the subject line of your email.
BGC Canada is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences, and supports the full participation of all employees. We welcome applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2S & LGBTQIA+ persons, and other persons from diverse backgrounds. Upon request, we offer accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
This is a full-time, contract role ending on April 30, 2025. The starting salary range for this position starts at $65,000, plus excellent benefits. Placement within the range is commensurate with experience.
Application deadline: Wednesday, September 20th, 2023
How to ApplyIf you are interested in this role, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Manager, Programs” in the subject line of your email.
21 total views, 1 today