Full-Time Manager, Local Government Affairs – South
Everytown for Gun Safety is seeking a motivated individual with issue advocacy/policy campaign experience and strong interpersonal skills to serve as a Manager of Local Government Affairs for the Southern region. This position reports to the Associate Regional Director of Local Government Affairs and will lead local issue advocacy campaigns in one of our regional working groups. The Local Government Affairs team works with local officials to provide resources to end community based gun violence and advocate for and advance local, state, and federal gun safety measures.
Local Government Affairs and Campaign Management
● Direct local government affairs campaigns in the Southern region with significant support from the Associate Regional Director
● Cultivate relationships and partner with stakeholders at the state and local level with oversight and guidance from Associate Regional Director, including partner
organizations, law enforcement, elected officials, coalitions, networks, and influencers, building grassroots and grasstops capacity
● Become steeped in firearm policy in order to promote and defeat policies effectively
● Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the political environment both regionally and nationally, with an eye towards delivering gun violence prevention legislation and other
● Represent Everytown in various external capacities, including at conferences and events
● Represent the Local Government Affairs team in issue-specific or long-term campaign teams, at the discretion of the Senior Director
● Run local campaign-specific cross-functional team meetings, lead strategy and collaboration between departments, and effectively utilize organizational resources to run comprehensive local campaigns and ensure strong project management of specific campaigns
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
● Experience with government affairs and/or working for elected officials at the state or local level required
● 2+ years experience working in or directing issue advocacy/policy campaigns
● Basic proficiency in Google Suite and the ability to quickly learn new systems
● Understand how stereotypes, bias, and forms of racism in America (including structural racism, implicit bias, gender bias, religious bias, ageism, and bias based on gender
identity or sexual orientation) impact our society, with an expectation that you will develop an ability to articulate the connection between these large societal issues and the
disproportionate impact of gun violence on specific demographic groups in America
● Understand how dynamics of power, voice, and privilege impact one-on-one and group interactions, and a commitment to using power, voice, and privilege to make our
movement more equitable
● Independent and creative thinker who is confident offering their own ideas
● Strong ability to multi-task and to be resourceful
● Good problem-solving abilities
● Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
● Sense of humor is a must
● Travel required
Please let us know if you are currently a Member of Moms Demand Action in a Leadership Position, including your current position and state.
Please note: we verify information provided in the application process, including education.
The annual salary range for this position is $80,000-$90,000. Everytown offers a generous benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, PTO, 401K Match, Education Assistance and more.
About Everytown for Gun Safety
Everytown is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the nation with nearly ten million supporters, including parents, students, survivors, educators, gun owners, and Americans fighting for common sense gun safety. Through victories in Congress, statehouses, corporate America, the courts, and town halls across the country, Everytown is helping change how Americans think about this public health threat. At the core of Everytown is Moms Demand Action, a grassroots movement of American mothers founded the day after the Sandy Hook tragedy, and Students Demand Action. Learn more at everytown.org and follow us @Everytown.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
How to ApplyFor consideration, candidates are encouraged to apply via our website: https://www.everytown.org/jobs/?gh_jid=5656683
31 total views, 0 today