Full-Time Maintainer I, Custodian – Floater
Maintainer I, Custodian – Floater
Bridgewater State University is an inclusive community dedicated to the lifelong success of all students, focused on the continuous improvement of its people, and responsible for leading innovation that benefits Southeastern Massachusetts, the commonwealth, and the world. Bridgewater’s accessible environment of teaching and learning stimulates critical thinking, pursuit of new knowledge, and deeper understanding, the cultivation of meaningful and diverse interpersonal relationships, and fostering an appreciation for global engagement, all aimed at transforming lives and improving the human condition.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is reflected in our https://www.bridgew.edu/bsuvalues, which ensure that all students are supported and succeed.
Bridgewater State University is equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Members of underrepresented groups, and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment, are strongly encouraged to apply.
The mission of the Department of Facilities Management is to is to create, maintain, and manage a physical environment that enhances teaching, learning, and living; and serves to support our campus constituents and our region through responsible stewardship of resources.
Successful candidates will be staff members that can work with their colleagues to help meet the mission of the Department of Facilities Management in serving and supporting our racially and ethnically diverse campus community.
This position will provide the opportunity to contribute to student success by maintaining a clean and safe campus that promotes learning and living for a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
Full-time, 12 Month, AFSCME position
TOUR OF DUTY: Tuesday – Saturday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
DAYS OFF: Sunday and Monday*
LOCATION: BSU Campus Wide
This is an essential position.
*Initial assignment only. Subject to change according to institutional needs.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate employment eligibility in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
Position Type: AFSCME Classified
This opportunity fosters a welcoming and inclusive environment, working with diverse students, faculty, and staff. Maintainer I’s are responsible for all aspects of cleaning and general building maintenance including:
1. Maintain an environment that is welcoming to people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
2. Provide superior customer service and maintain a clean, safe working environment.
3. Perform physically demanding and detailed custodial maintenance of BSU’s academic, residential, administrative, research, athletic, dining, and campus facilities.
4. Thoroughly clean and maintain campus facilities, including restrooms and showers.
5. Sweep walkways, vacuum, shampoo and extract carpeting, scrub, wax, and buff floors.
6. Polish furniture and woodwork.
7. Move and reset furniture in residential and academic buildings.
8. Removal of trash including broken and worn materials such as mattresses, chairs, and desks.
9. Perform a variety of related indoor/outdoor general maintenance tasks including snow removal.
10. Perform periodic large-scale project cleaning duties or maintenance projects.
11. Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University and provide assistance when needed.
This is an AFSCME unit position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate employment eligibility in accordance with the immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
• Commitment to customer service excellence/support to enhance an environment of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Passion for and commitment to social justice, racial justice, and civic engagement.
• Ability to follow instructions and maintain a safe working environment.
• Knowledge of or ability to learn proper cleaning methods and use of cleaning equipment.
• Willingness and ability to lift and carry heavy objects, physical stamina, ability to shovel snow.
• Willingness and ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to interact tactfully with students, faculty and staff.
• Ability to learn or knowledge of basic computer skills
State Job Specifications are available in the Human Resources Office or on the Human Resources website -www.bridgew.edu/hr.
Current and valid Drivers License.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation for the application process, please complete and submit this electronic form: https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?BridgewaterStateUniv&layout_id=18
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Recommended candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment physical as a condition of employment.
Salary Range: $1,592.69 bi-weekly (Grade 10, Step 1)
Posting Number: S01063P
Open Date: 01/19/2024
Close Date: 2/4/2024
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position: *a minimum of one (1) employment history entry. *a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4951686
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to ApplyTo apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4951686
73 total views, 0 today