Full-Time Local Health Data System Analyst (23000E5R)
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) is seeking a Local Health Data System Analyst. This role plays an essential part in supporting the Office of Local and Regional Health (OLRH) in achieving the goals outlined in the Blueprint for Public Health Excellence. Working under the guidance of the Assistant Director of Data Systems, you serve as the primary point of contact for local public health (LPH) entities, facilitating seamless integration and operation of the new data collection system. Your strategic problem-solving skills are crucial in addressing intricate challenges, providing frontline support to users, and ensuring the system functions optimally for efficient data analysis.
Your responsibilities extend beyond technical support, encompassing the standardization of processes to enable comprehensive data analysis, trend identification, and informed decision-making across the Commonwealth. Through effective communication and collaboration with the Local Health Data System Specialist, you streamline workflows, troubleshoot issues, and implement data collection strategies that contribute to community health improvement. As a key liaison between LPH and IT, your role is integral in eliminating duplication of effort, enhancing system access, and fostering a supportive environment for LPH to navigate the evolving data landscape. Your commitment to continuous quality improvement, development of resource materials, and proactive communication ensures the success of this critical initiative, making a lasting impact on public health outcomes.
The Office of Local and Regional Health acknowledges the history of structural racism and its impact on health. We are committed to improving the quality of life for all Commonwealth residents while eliminating inequities that impact the lives of communities of color who are disproportionately affected by conditions leading to poor health outcomes. The Local Health Data System Analyst will be part of the Office’s vision of implementing strategies that ensure the Office’s work, policies and programs are inclusive and equitable for all. The position must integrate health and racial equity principles throughout OLRH’s Performance Standards technical assistance at the state and local level to recognize and address the disparate health outcomes for marginalized populations.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and are not all inclusive):
- Strategically analyze and solve intricate problems for local public health (LPH),addressing concerns and issues related to the integrated data collection system.
- Serve as the primary point of contact, providing direct support for LPH in utilizing the new data system, ensuring streamlined customer service and efficient problem resolution.
- Offer frontline support to users seeking clarification or assistance with the data system, including login questions, password resets, and user ID reassignments.
- Ensure the seamless functioning of the system by immediately assisting LPH with login issues and resolving user-related concerns.
- Manage certifications and credentials, ensuring they follow users when they change jobs or leave their positions.
- Determine the nature of consumer issues and distinguish between simple business end solutions and larger system integration problems, referring the latter to the vendor for resolution.
- Provide troubleshooting support for businesses, identifying and addressing business needs for LPH, and coordinating wraparound services between IT and business requirements.
- Develop processes, SOPs and FAQs and other related resource materials to help streamline the process and support the program.
- Implement data collection strategies to enhance community health, contributing to the continuous improvement of the data system for local public health departments.
- Collaborate with EOHHS IT to develop a post-development system management and support plan, including the establishment of a continuous quality improvement (CQI) process.
- Create and disseminate standard operating procedures (SOPs), FAQs, and other resource materials to streamline processes, support the program, and provide efficient solutions for LPH.
How to ApplyTo view full posting and apply: https://massanf.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=23000E5R&tz=GMT-06%3A00&tzname=America%2FChicago
61 total views, 0 today