Full-Time LGBTQ+ Communities Health Equity Strategist – (220007WN)
Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Join this exciting new community engagement initiative!
MDPH is seeking 11 dedicated professionals to join the new Community Engagement(CE) team within the Office of Health Equity (OHE). The OHE is dedicated to eliminating inequities and improving the quality of life in historically marginalized communities by addressing immediate health related social needs and strengthening community safety nets. To address these health equity challenges, systemic issues must be addressed by looking at factors such as the social determinants of health, disparities in access and quality of care, unconscious bias, gaps in data collection, cultural competence, and language access. Be a part of this opportunity to increase equity and improve health outcomes across the Commonwealth!
Current Job Openings:
Health Equity Managers
Managers contribute to policy development and strategic planning, work with the OHE senior team to implement the program launch process, and oversee daily implementation of community-based technical assistance initiatives critical to eliminating health disparities in priority communities and manage program evaluation efforts to measure program success.
Health Equity Strategists and Coordinators
A diverse health engagement team of Health Equity Strategists and Coordinators will provide collaborative and comprehensive community engagement by providing technical assistance and trainings for community partners, dissemination of key resources, and providing a bidirectional communication channel from the community back to DPH for six priority populations in the following communities:
- LGBTQ+ Health Equity Strategist
- Communities Health Equity Coordinators https://massanf.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=220007YK&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York
- Black & African American
- Asian American & Pacific Islander
- Immigrant & Refugee
Essential assets for success, include, but are not limited to:
- Expertise, commitment and ability, particularly lived experience, to work with community-based organizations serving one or more priority populations in the following communities: Asian American & Pacific Islander, Black & African American, Immigrant & Refugee, Latino, LGBTQ+, Tribal & Indigenous Communities.
- Representative and authentic community connections, knowledge of community resources, existing relationships with community partners and other stakeholders, and a demonstrated commitment to one or more of the priority populations above.
- Commitment and ability to apply a racial and health equity lens to inform all aspects of program development, including the aptitude to identify interventions upstream, midstream, and downstream.
People with lived experience in these communities and/or in protected classes are strongly encouraged to apply.
*Preference is given to applications received within the first 14 days of posting; please consider applying by Weds, 7/26/22.
How to ApplyFollow link to see job description and apply! Job Description - LGBTQ+ Communities Health Equity Strategist (220007WN) (taleo.net)
1058 total views, 0 today