Full-Time Lead-Design & Construction Contracts Analyst – LEADD002264
Salary range is $95k to $175k, with a midpoint of $105k. New hires typically receive between minimum and midpoint, however, we may go slightly higher based on experience, internal equity and market.
Under the general direction of the Deputy Director, the Contracts Analyst Lead class manages both procurement and contract administration related functions for architectural & engineering and construction services that support the Agency’s capital and operational program objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value, and continuous improvements.
This position is responsible for leading, overseeing and evaluating the work of others and ensuring consistency by interpreting policies and procedures, as well as providing expertise as a specialist in procurement of major capital improvement projects involving construction and engineering contracts. The position will analyze complex issues, provide guidance to internal and external stakeholders, and ensure compliance with all applicable regulations to design and construct Sound Transit’s capital projects.
This is an advanced professional-level position responsible for the management of various procurement and contract administration programs along with management of architect & engineering, public works, and alternative public works procurement, contract administration, and close out activities.
The distinguishing responsibilities of this position include the management of various procurement and contract administration programs along with providing direction and oversight to other levels in this series, ensuring consistency and quality with Sound Transit policies and procedures. Procurement and contract administration programs include Design-Build, General Contractor/Construction Manager (GC/CM), Design-Bid-Build, Small Works, Job Order Contracting (JOC), and A&E.
This position is expected to train and coach both developing professional and career professional Contract Specialist positions. Excellent customer service and the ability work within multiple teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is required of positions in this class. Communication skills are critically important, as positions are required to communicate with not only internal departments but also outside agencies, consultants, contractors, and the public through presentations, outreach events, conferences, and other events. This position is also expected to lead internal and external division or agency initiatives.
This position, under general supervision, requires the use of independent judgment and creativity to resolve issues while performing all functions independently. Complex issues involving external departments, or the public, are resolved independently while also keeping the Supervisor informed.
Extensive knowledge of the procurement and contracting methods listed above is required, along with an understanding of the federal and state laws, rules and regulations for the procurement and administration of public works and architectural-engineering services for capital expansion and operational improvement projects.
The following duties are a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
• Build and maintain a strong team. Contribute to and support of the growth of a culture that forges teamwork, collaboration, and accountability, within the Design and Construction Group, between other Procurement & Contract Divisions, and department stakeholders. Under the direction of the Deputy Director, lead by example and be a strong role model of the six Sound Transit values by providing guidance, mentorship, motivation and training and coaching when necessary.
• Lead Procurement staff in establishing and administering contracts for agency use, which includes: make recommendations for distributing and overseeing workload; provide QA and QC of procurement and contract administration documents, resolve contract and procurement issues; provide training to staff and customers; train and mentor developing and career professional level Contracts Specialists on all types of projects and delivery methods; lead business process improvement projects; coach, mentor and contribute to staff obtaining high levels of professional development; productivity and performance, and contribute to the development of performance evaluations.
• Develop new procurement and contract administration programs for architectural & engineering, public works and alternative public works to support the strategic direction of the division and ensuring compliance with all federal and state regulations and agency policies and procedures.
• Develop methods to evaluate and monitor programs to ensure customer satisfaction, quality, and team member performance are meeting or exceeding established goals.
• Collaborate with internal staff and other Sound Transit departments during development and management of procurement and contract administration programs.
• Prepare and lead presentations for internal staff and Sound Transit departments on procurement and contract programs.
• Analyze procurements to determine appropriate procurement approach while also serving as subject matter expert to department staff on procurement policies, procedures, and applicable regulations.
• Develop and manage the procurement process for public works, alternative public works, and architectural & engineering projects. This includes establishing the procurement schedule, advertisement, pre-submittal/bid meeting, project site visit, evaluation, selection, negotiation, award, and execution while ensuring compliance with federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
• Guide and assist project teams in the development of project scope, selection criteria, and scoring. Review and recommend changes to technical specifications to ensure compliance with federal, state laws, rules, regulations and internal policies and procedures.
• Analyze contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and policies and procedures.
• Conduct responsive/responsibility reviews and use professional judgement in determining responsiveness.
• Manage the negotiation process for A&E and alternative public works including developing negotiation strategies, performing cost/price analyses, and negotiating contract terms and conditions.
• Ensure contracts include agreed upon terms, conditions, costs, and other required items and execute between all parties. Ensure contract files include all essential documentation and the file is accurate and complete for audit purposes.
• Debrief unsuccessful submitters and respond to all protests and public disclosure requests.
• Provide guidance to project team members and the contractor or consultant on contractual terms and conditions, applicable federal, state, and local requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
• Resolve minor contractual disputes and contribute to the resolution of major contractual disputes between Sound Transit and the consultant or contractor.
• Ensure change orders comply with all federal and state regulations as well as internal policies and procedures. Attend change management meetings.
• Ensure invoices are compliant with contract terms and conditions prior to payment.
• Manage contract close out functions in accordance with contractual requirements and state law.
• Demonstrate Sound Transit Values in every interaction: Collaboration, Passenger Focus, Inclusion & Respect, Safety, Integrity, and Quality.
• Lead or assist with the creation or revision of contract documents, forms, processes, and procedures.
• Create or modify training materials and assist with the training of internal and external departments and stakeholders.
• Ensure internal database information is current, accurate, and updated in a timely manner.
• Create, prepare, review, and present reports as requested.
• Provide support to the division on matters as directed.
• Serve on internal and external committees, attend and participate in professional group meetings, and maintains awareness of new trends and developments in the fields related to the Procurement and Contracts Division.
• Champions and models Sound Transit’s core values and demonstrates values-based behaviors in everyday interactions across the agency.
• Contributes to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion in alignment with Sound Transit’s Equity & Inclusion Policy.
• It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the Agency safety rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to their assigned duties and responsibilities, which could include systems, operations, and/or other employees.
• It is the responsibility of all employees to integrate sustainability into everyday business practices.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, public administration, contract management, construction, or closely related field and four years of experience in purchasing/contract services work, preferably with alternative delivery and construction related or architectural and engineering contracting experience; Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
• CPPB or other equivalent procurement certification within 12 months of hire.
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
• DBIA Associate or Professional certification.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge on procurement and contract administration programs include Design-Build, General Contractor/Construction Manager (GC/CM), Design-Bid-Build, Small Works, Job Order Contracting (JOC), and A&E.
• Understanding of the federal and state laws, rules and regulations for the procurement and administration of public works and architectural-engineering services for capital expansion and operational improvement projects.
• Excellent customer service, training and coaching skills.
• Ability to work within multiple teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Communication skills are critically important, as positions are required to communicate with not only internal departments but also outside agencies, consultants, contractors, and the public through presentations, outreach events, conferences, and other events.
• Ability to use independent judgment and creativity to resolve issues while performing all functions independently.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
• Majority of work is performed in a standard office environment or field office.
• Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, climbing stairs/ladders, and lifting of objects up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to wear and operate safely gear when on site.
• The Agency promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety and equipment training for all personnel as required.
Sound Transit is an equal employment opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from employment action based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other protected class.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
How to Apply
To apply, please visit the link below:https://recruiting.ultipro.com/SOU1036SOUND/JobBoard/dcc5dbea-875e-4cd1-bfd2-8e046cecc54f/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=0cd010ca-f010-43b2-95cc-0d9f73948fa1
118 total views, 0 today