Full-Time Junior IT Technician
Junior IT Technician
Reports to: IT Team Leader
Location: South London
Pattern: Full Time (Shifts: 7 to 3:30pm, 8 to 4:30pm, 9:30 to 6pm)
Closing date: 26/01/2024 at 10am
Interviews: Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised
About the role:
75% of our Junior Technicians are promoted to an Onsite Technician within 18 Months.
We are looking for a Junior IT Technician to join our IT Team in South London to provide excellent customer centric, proactive and reactive support to ensure the continuous availability of the IT equipment within the SLA’s and KPI’s as defined.
This is a great opportunity for someone to join the team who is able to collaborate with others to achieve high standards of end user satisfaction and demonstrate a proactive approach in building relationships with others.
- Assess incoming incident and prioritise work according to timescales and processes
- Keep accurate and timely records within the incident monitoring system making sure that the end user receives feedback at all times on the progress of faults and changes
- Manage workload and relationships over several schools
- Able to collaborate with others to achieve high standards of end user satisfaction
- Understand the need to adapt your style to suit the end user, communicate in a clear and confident manner
- To carry out other reasonable tasks from time to time as directed by the Head of IT
- Motivated to work towards an ITIL V3 qualification
- School working practices and policies
- Data Protection Legislation
- A desire to understand how technology works and how it can be used to improve productivity
View the full job description and person specification here
We’re an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we’re a network of 39 schools, educating around 30,000 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference and we’re recognised as one of the highest achieving academy groups in the country. We want to change the lives of children everywhere, not just in our own schools. So, we create and incubate Ventures designed not only to help pupils in Ark schools, but also to improve education systems.
You’ll be joining a group of like-minded, ambitious individuals who work collaboratively and are all committed to our core mission, that every child has the potential to succeed. Having just celebrated our 20th anniversary, we are shaping our goals for the next 20 and there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 30 days after 3-years’ service. This entitlement is pro rata for part time employees. This entitlement excludes bank holidays
- Full office closure between Christmas and New Year
- A flexible approach to working with understanding and consideration for work life balance and personal commitments
- As an Ark employee, you will have the opportunity to be part of the TPT (The Pension Trust) scheme, our workplace pension scheme where we make an 11% contribution; you are not required to contribute towards this scheme unless you choose to. Depending on your role you may also be entitled to LGPS which is a defined benefit scheme where you contribute a percentage based on how much you earn (as do we) in exchange for a guaranteed amount in your pension pot every year
- Access to high-quality professional learning throughout your career, offering both face-to-face sessions and a bespoke online learning platform
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bike, gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym and free eye tests
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment – this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
We aim to build a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone – staff and students – can do their best work and achieve their full potential. We want to reflect and represent diverse perspectives across our organisation because we know that doing so will make us stronger and more effective. To know more about Ark’s diversity and inclusion commitments, please click on this link.
How to ApplyApply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by Friday 26th January 2024 at 10am but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response. Click here to apply This ATS application form should take no longer 20 minutes to complete. At any time, you can pause, save, and log back in. If you have any difficulty with meeting the deadline for application, please contact email@example.com Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
97 total views, 0 today