Full-Time Junior Data Analyst (Social Media)
- Department: Data Science
- Reports to: Head of Data Science
- Line manager to: n/a
Codec is a cultural intelligence platform. We apply science to culture using AI-driven analysis of thousands of millions of digital content engagements online to group mass audiences into communities, linked by shared leaders, interests, and identity. To help brands move away from mass reach, demographic and product based segmentation.
Our core beliefs are that brands of the future are community driven, culturally relevant and passion led. Post COVID, it’s never been so important for brands to be relevant and empathetic to grow. We help them do this by putting cultural intelligence at their heart.
Brands work with us to get insights into existing brand communities, to drive growth and discover how to unlock new, untapped communities as well as for business transformations and putting cultural insights at the center of decisions.
The Junior Data Analyst sits within the Data Science team, working closely with the Senior Data Analyst and the wider Codec team to support the community building process as well as overseeing data quality throughout the Codec platform. This is an ideal graduate (or similar) opportunity for candidates looking to pursue a career within Data Analysis or Data Science, with a keen interest in analysing social media content as a way to better understand culture.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding Codec’s in-house analytics methodologies and how Codec insights can be used by clients.
- Assisting the Client Services team to manage use of the platform and optimisation of capabilities for clients, including identification of gaps between client demand and product capability in a wide number of regional markets, and proposing possible solutions / R&D (in consultation with other teams where necessary).
- Assessing quality of existing algorithms bearing in mind at all times the use cases for the product.
- Investigating reports relating to algorithm performance, including running experiments and reviewing data to identify causes and develop solutions.
- Provide support to wider Data Science team: validation of results for new algorithms being developed.
- Putting together datasets, and producing data-driven insights & recommendations.
- Testing and validating new UI/UX features in the Codec platform
- Analytical Mindset
- Solid understanding of Statistics
- Python or R scripting language
- Familiarity with Excel/Google Spreadsheet
- Familiarity with SQL
- Optional: Basic understanding of Machine Learning Principles is a plus
Inclusion & Diversity
We’re committed to building a diverse group of talent with a broad range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities and will give full and fair consideration to all applicants. We hire for the person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Codec.ai a global success story.
How to ApplySend your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
1601 total views, 0 today