Full-Time iOS Engineering Manager
iOS Engineering Manager
What do we believe in?
At BeReal, we are building the first social network where people spontaneously share their real life. No filters. No followers. Just friends, sharing with each other. On BeReal, you discover your friends’ real lives and get closer to them!
BeReal is a fast-paced environment with ambitious, committed, and caring colleagues. We are a small team of 50+ people all around the world. BeReal will be the place for you if you are looking for a place to grow both technically and as an individual. We are currently hiring for this role in Europe & the USA
What you’ll do:
We are seeking an experienced iOS Engineering Manager to join our team. As an iOS Engineering Manager at BeReal, you will lead a talented team of iOS engineers and play a crucial role in shaping the technical direction of our iOS application.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the iOS engineering team, ensuring there is a focus on best practices, code quality, and architectural standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and drive the technical roadmap and strategy for the iOS application.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and advancements in iOS development, and proactively identify opportunities for improvement and innovation.
- Lead and mentor a team of 7 – 10 iOS engineers, fostering their professional growth and ensuring high team performance.
- Set clear expectations, provide regular feedback, conduct performance evaluations, and support the career development of team members.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team culture that values diverse perspectives, knowledge sharing, and continuous learning.
- Oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of iOS development projects, ensuring they are completed on time, within scope, and with high quality.
- Collaborate with product management to define project requirements, prioritize tasks, and allocate resources effectively.
- Manage project risks and proactively identify and resolve issues to ensure smooth project execution.
- Collaborate closely with product management, design, and backend engineering teams to align technical solutions with product requirements and business goals.
- Foster effective communication and collaboration across teams to ensure seamless integration of iOS components with other system modules.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to gather feedback, understand user needs, and translate them into actionable engineering initiatives.
What you’ll bring:
- Proven experience in leading and managing a team of iOS engineers, with a focus on mentoring, performance management, and career development.
- Extensive track record of building and delivering complex, scalable applications within a fast paced, consumer facing environment
- Strong technical expertise in iOS development, Swift, and iOS frameworks.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles, design patterns, and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Passion for staying updated with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in iOS development.
- Be comfortable operating in a scrappy environment, which will have you working deep in the code, but also reporting upwards simultaneously
How do we work?
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our team to find a work mode that is best for them! We trust our team members to get great work done.
- We have an office based in Paris and if you are in Europe you would be expected to come to the office for a few days each month (it’s fun to get to know everyone)
- Full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office (if you are in Europe or the US)
- Competitive compensation and equity for full time employees (we want you to have ownership in the business)
- Anything that can help you grow in your role or beyond, it’s on us
- health coverage for you, and equal parental leave policy
- Generous vacation (everyone needs meaningful time off)
- Pick your work material – whatever supports you to do your best work
Our First Principles:
- Extreme Ownership
We are building a small team from scratch and are determined to build the most trustful social network to connect people together. So if you recognize yourself in this description, please contact us to introduce yourself.
P.S: We are building a diverse team. It’s OK if you don’t tick all the boxes. If you’re talented and highly motivated, we’d still like to hear from you
How to ApplyApply for the role here - https://boards.eu.greenhouse.io/bereal/jobs/4274276101
22 total views, 0 today