Full-Time Infrastructure Engineer I (Desktop Engineer)
At Cable One and our family of brands, we keep our customers and associates connected to what matters most. For our associates, that means: a thriving and rewarding career, respect for the communities where they live and work, a focus on health and wellness, an excellent work/life balance, and an open and inclusive workplace.
The Infrastructure Engineer I analyzes, designs, architects, and deploys standardized infrastructure within Cable One. This position monitors and analyzes effectiveness of Cable One’s server, storage, and desktop infrastructure and provides tactical changes to the operating environment to minimize cost, increase effectiveness, and reduce downtime.
What you will do to contribute to the company’s success
Set forth below is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities (or “essential functions”) of this position.
- Analyzes, designs, and implements new software and/or hardware (physical or virtual) to support business initiatives.
- Analyzes business and technical project requests to estimate time and cost required for proper planning and implementation of technology infrastructure.
- Troubleshoots, resolves, and analyzes root cause for technical escalation from internal teams and departments.
- Tracks and monitors Service Level Agreements with external vendors.
- Contributes to infrastructure roadmap planning for physical and virtual server, storage, cloud, and/or desktop infrastructure support.
- Creates and improves IT processes to secure data to ensure protection of Cable One’s information assets.
- Clearly documents and presents ideas and designs for technology initiatives that implement new and enhanced capabilities for Cable One’s systems.
- Evaluates and recommends new technologies and applications that enable Cable One’s strategic roadmap for IT systems.
- Evaluates and documents standard operating procedures for third-party product upgrades and implementation and operation.
Other duties and/or responsibilities not specifically set forth above may, however, be assigned as needed. Whenever practicable and, in accordance with legal guidelines, reasonable accommodation[s] will be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. In addition, set forth below is a non-exhaustive list of requirements that are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary to perform this position. Whenever practicable and, in accordance with legal guidelines, reasonable accommodation[s] will be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of hardware and/or software experience preferred.
- Experience implementing security best practices and data protection for large enterprise environments preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Sound analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Must be a self-starter and a team player
- Knowledge of networking, configuring Network Interface Controllers (NICs), troubleshooting, diagramming, and layer 3 protocols preferred
Certificates, licenses, registrations
- Operating Systems, such as MCSE, or MCSA
- Software deployment tools (SCCM, LanDesk, and Manage Engine)
- Committed: Values each and every customer, while working hard to keep their business and support our communities.
- Helpful: Delivers support in the ways that are most useful to our customers and addresses their needs with expertise, respect, and empathy.
- Proactive: Understand what our customers need, and actively works to make their relationship with use seamless, easy, and rewarding.
- Personal: Knows our customers well, and tailors our communications and interactions to address their needs and expectations.
Cable One and our family of brands appreciates the role our associates play to help the company grow, and in return an excellent benefits package is offered to our associates to recognize the importance of their contributions, such as:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans – start when you start!
- Life insurance (self, spouse, children)
- Paid time off (vacation, holiday, and personal/sick days)
- 401(k) – 100% company match (match program starts after 1 year of service, up to 5% of eligible compensation)
- Group Legal plan with Identity Theft Protection
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $5,250 on 1st year)
- Up to seventy-five dollars a month towards cable and internet services
- Annual community support to various organizations across the U.S.
- Associate recognition & awards programs
- Advancement opportunities
- Collaborative work environment
We’re an Award-Winning Organization!
- 2022 Forbes’ “America’s Best Midsized Employers”
Diversity lies in the communities we serve and among the associates who dedicate themselves to ensure our continued success. Here at Cable One and our family of brands, we believe it is our individual and unique talents, backgrounds and perspectives that, when combined, truly make us an unstoppable force. “Stronger Together” is not just a verbal cue, it is the motto that our associates live by, exemplify, and embody each and every day.
Cable One and our family of brands is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Cable One and our family of brands is committed to keeping our associates and customers safe. Job offers are contingent upon the results of background, drug screening, and reference check. Only after successfully passing these pre-hire clearances are individuals approved for hire and ready to start their successful and rewarding career.
How to Applyhttps://cableone.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Cable_One_External_Careers/job/Phoenix-AZ/Infrastructure-Engineer-I--Desktop-Engineer-_R-100878
225 total views, 0 today