Full-Time Illinois Program Manager
Are you ready to directly impact the lives of first-generation college students and champion economic mobility for all?
Did you know that only 21% of low income, first-generation students in the U.S. graduate from college within six years? Those who do graduate have a median household income 27% lower than their peers. While there are a multitude of college access programs for high school seniors and job assistance programs for low-wage earners, there are few programs that ensure first-generation students stay in school and build the skills necessary to prepare for long-term careers. This is where America Needs You (ANY) comes in.
ANY fights for economic mobility for ambitious, first-generation college students by providing transformative mentorship and intensive career development. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in New York City, ANY expanded to New Jersey in 2012, Illinois in 2015, and California in 2016, growing from serving 50 students to nearly 600 students annually. In 2021, ANY launched FirstGenU, a new virtual program designed to help 10,000 first-generation college students navigate their careers. Visit www.americaneedsyou.org to learn more.
- A warm, collaborative work environment with a rich culture of support and feedback
- A generous benefits package (health/dental insurance, 403(b), FSA, three weeks’ vacation, etc.)
- Ongoing internal and external opportunities for professional development
- Connections to a large, high-powered professional network
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is committed to ANY’s mission of supporting ambitious, first-generation college students
- Is excited about supporting a large program operation hands-on
- Is passionate about project management and operational efficienct
- Connections to a large, high-powered professional network
America Needs You – Illinois was launched in 2015. The Illinois program includes 12 Saturday workshops and several additional transfer support sessions and program events per year. This local site delivers professional development workshops to two classes, currently totaling 70 Fellows, with the goal to grow to 200 (ambitious, first-generation college students) and their Mentor Coaches (accomplished young professionals). The Illinois team works with National staff on curriculum design and development, provides holistic, career services support to Fellows and recruits a new class of Fellows and Mentor Coaches each year.
The Illinois Program Manager will work with the Illinois Executive Director and manage 1 Career Success Coordinator to ensure the successful implementation of the ANY-IL program and to help manage and cultivate stakeholder relationships. The Program Manager assists the Executive Director with fundraising and special initiatives and events and helps ensure quality and consistency of the program’s services and deliverables. The Program Manager serves as the liaison with the Associate Board and leads Mentor Coach Recruitment. The Program Manager helps develop and maintain formal partnerships with colleges, universities, and corporations with the aim of securing recruitment and in-kind support. The Program Manager also works with the Career Success Coordinator to oversee case management and internship support for Fellows and Mentor Coaches. This role reports directly to the Illinois Executive Director.
- Work with the Career Success Coordinators and Executive Director to oversee logistics and operations to ensure Saturday workshops and other program events (1) run smoothly, (2) create a positive and challenging learning environment for Fellows and Mentor Coaches, and (3) provide an engaging experience for visitors and guests
- Manage the IL program calendar and work with national staff to ensure program consistency and quality
- Facilitate at Saturday workshops
- Oversee the recruitment, training and management of Fellows and volunteers, including application and selection, onboarding, matching, program tracking, and dismissals/rematching
- Oversee case management services offered to Fellows and Mentor Coaches
- Manage staff to ensure consistent data, program tracking, survey distribution and collection, and Salesforce utilization
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on local development and fundraising; engage alumni and supporters
- Oversee Mentor Coach Recruitment
- Oversee the local alumni tracking and alumni support services
- Assist in the management of strategic partnerships to secure internships and volunteers, as well as connect Fellows to community resources
- Assist in the marketing of the program to key constituents and ensure the website, social media accounts and collateral materials are current and engaging
- Manage the Illinois Associate Board
- Ensure effective utilization of the Illinois program team budget resources and identify new in-kind support opportunities
- Additional projects and duties as determined by the Illinois Executive Director
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-3 years of managerial experience supervising a team is preferred
- Strong background in career development and/or mentoring, and experience teaching or training youth and adults (experience working with college-aged youth preferred)
- Knowledge of Illinois’ educational, civic and philanthropic landscape
- Excellent project management skills and comfort balancing multiple priorities and deliverables effectively
- The ability to inspire teams and mobilize small and large groups to action
- Results-oriented with a commitment to outcomes-driven performance
- High level of responsiveness, drive, energy and commitment
- Outstanding relationship management skills and ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders, including college students, volunteers, university partners, and corporate supporters/internship providers
- Excellent public speaking, writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (strong proficiency in Excel required) and knowledge of web-based and social media platforms
- Seeks and gives continuous improvement and feedback
- Development and event planning experience a plus
- As ANY workshops are held on Saturdays, this position will require flexibility and willingness to work nontraditional work hours
America Needs You offers a competitive salary and benefits package. ANY employees receive ample vacation time and the opportunity to work with a talented team on projects that have a real impact in their community.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com (subject line: IL Program Manager – Last_Name, First_Name). Please note that your application will not be considered without a cover letter. No phone calls please.
91 total views, 0 today