Full-Time I&C Electric Engineer
Why choose us?
Choosing to work for SMS means choosing to make a difference. We are changing how businesses and consumers use energy for the better, helping achieve a greener, sustainable, and more affordable energy system for everyone. Through our range of innovative energy solutions, we are delivering the future of smart energy – working closely with private and public sector partners we are playing a critical role in transforming and decarbonising the UK economy by 2050.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 personal holiday days per year (with additional 8 public holidays) increasing to 30 personal days after 5 years of service (includes options to buy and sell)
- Hybrid working options.
- Enhanced Maternity leave. Paternity and Adoption leave.
- 24/7 free and confidential employee assistance service.
- Medicash health plan offers a wide variety of benefits from cashback on everyday healthcare treatments like optical, dental and physio treatments. Discounted gym memberships and free 24/7 online GP.
- Access to our Share Incentive Plan which allows you to become a shareholder in a tax-efficient way and benefit from the success of the company
- Life Insurance (4 x annual salary)
- Pension matching scheme
- Developing our people is important to us – we support and encourage development by offering internal and external accredited courses, secondments and study support.
What’s the role?
As an I&C Half Hourly AMR Field Metering Engineer you will be responsible for:
• Installation and maintenance of
• Half hourly
• Whole current
• Low and high voltage meters.
• Restoration of communications
• Retrieval of data from metering
• Dealing with customers first hand on our I&C sites
• Delivering our products
• Putting Health and Safety first in all aspects of the role
• Ensuring customer experience is always at the highest standard.
This role is pivotal in delivering a Half hourly and AMR metering to the industry. It enables SMS to comply with risk management regulations and have the capacity to deliver expert data management information.
This is an independent field-based role, reporting into the Operations Manager. Within the business we have a team of 30 similar roles who the successful applicant will work alongside. The role will require an amount of travel every day to customer sites, this work will be programmed weekly. The role is also supported by a Field Coach to assist with onboarding and daily escalation. Head Office support is in Cardiff and support is available over the phone.
The role is 40 hours per week, 8 hours a day, with a flexible working pattern. Company Van provided and fuel card. Uniform provided. All equipment to complete your work will be completed, Tools and PPE. Plus 11% London Weighting where applicable.
• Installation and maintenance of Low Voltage & High Voltage Code of Practice meters.
• AMR/Half Hourly business
• Other related duties as required by the Metering department.
• Carry out communication testing for metering and loggers.
• Interaction and liaison with the delivery support team.
• Maintain safety standards and follow working procedures.
• Control and manage stock
• Completion of all compliance and Health and Safety paperwork.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
• Experience within the metering industry with a good understanding of different metering solutions
• EUSR registered up to Three Phase Whole Current
• Full UK Driving Licence
• NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installations or equivalent
• 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
• C&G or equivalent
• Good communication skills both written and verbal at all levels
• Competent IT skills across digital platforms
How to ApplyPlease send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
34 total views, 0 today