Full-Time Human Resources Coordinator
This person in this position is responsible for assisting the Human Resources Department with day-to-day operations of the department including but not limited to recruitment, new employee orientation, financial duties, and employee recognition. The incumbent’s work generally involves public contact, maintaining a variety of records, receiving phone calls, and coordinating and scheduling meetings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Department
- Assists Human Resources Generalist with recruitment, hiring, and employee orientation
- Effectively manage schedules, calendars, travel, and expense
- Schedules pre-employment medical screenings
- Enters and updates employee information in the HRIS system
- Acts as a privacy officer to ensure the at confidentiality of potential candidates, new hires, current employees and retirees is protected
- Files and scans various documents for the Human Resources department
- Maintains employee personnel files; ensures record retention schedule is compliant; maintains destruction of personnel files
- Maintains I-9 documents for active and inactive employees
- Assists Human Resources department in the coordination and logistics of training and wellness events
- Attend onsite/offsite training requested by the Human Resources Director and Manager
- Provide coordination and project support around various Human Resources initiatives and deliverables for meetings and programs set-up, break down and execution
- Answers telephone and assists Human Resources department in returning departmental voice messages, emails and responding to employee and the public inquiries and requests
- Provides information updates, advice and general communications on all human resources functions to City personnel; answers daily questions and requests for personnel services in a timely, accurate and productive manner
- Receives, screens, takes messages and appropriately directs calls to the department; provides customer service to visitors and callers regarding information about or knowledge of department operations, policies, and procedures;
- Schedules meetings with prospective vendors and trainers/educators
- Assists in preparing documents in response to Open Records requests.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to timeframe for submission and accuracy of first report of injuries by department Directors and Supervisors; submits injury reports to Worker’s Comp claims examiner
- Responsible for departmental invoices, accounts payables and travel requests; reviews and reconciles purchasing card expenses; enters BS&A financials for payment processing
- Pick up, drop off & distribute incoming/outgoing time sensitive mail and correspondence for department.
- Develop, review and implement internal processes and ensure continuous improvement
- Collaborates with the Community Relations department on departmental marketing
- Serves as a member of the Safety and Wellness Committees
- Responsible for tracking of mandatory training
- Maintains departmental office supps
- Posts applicable legal notices and updates as required;
- Reception duties
- Undertakes various projects as assigned by the Human Resources Director and Manager
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field is preferred; and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a professional HR department; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the specialized principles and practices of public personnel administration, including examination, classification, compensation, in-service training, service rating techniques and employee relations;
- Knowledge of local, state and federal legislation affecting personnel management;
- Knowledge of local government organization and procedures;
- Knowledge of City’s organizational structure, departmental functions and inter- relationships;
- Knowledge of the operation of general office equipment including calculator, computer keyboard, computer word processing or other programs, telephone, telephone console, or copy machine as required;
- Knowledge of basic mathematical and accounting procedures;
- Knowledge of ADP payroll software
- Skill in operating a computer;
- Skill in communicating both orally and in written form;
- Skill in researching complex issues and developing recommended actions;
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate new and revised procedures, methods and standards;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise considerable skill in information handling, privacy of records and judgment;
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City officials, employees and the public.
The work is sedentary work and requires speaking and talking.
Incumbent works in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands.
How to ApplyApply online here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=3a1e9ad3-18df-4db4-b5e3-0105eee3c8ca&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
835 total views, 0 today