Freelance Freelance Python Contractor
Are you proficient in Python? Are you looking to work with friendly colleagues, on projects that make a difference, and fresh technology challenges? If so, this opportunity within mySociety might interest you.
We’re looking to build a pool of freelance python developers that we can call upon for short-term contract work as we build and deploy Software as a Service products. At the moment the need is in our SocietyWorks team, working with clients in local government to help build and improve reporting services.
You will be comfortable with client liaison, listening to their needs and work with a project manager to translate them into tickets and features. Your work will help us sustain our charitable work via commercial activity, and increase our reach in the UK.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
What we’re looking for from you
We’d like to see some or all of the following:
- At least two years of proficient programming experience in Python in a professional environment
- Experience in working with databases (such as PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- Experience with version control, preferably Git and GitHub
- A pragmatic approach to automated testing
- Experience of collaborating with others on web development projects; it would be a bonus if that was client-facing work
- Not essential – but Perl experiences would also be beneficial.
- Friendly and motivated
- A thoughtful and clear communicator
- Able to identify a client’s requirements and work with them to implement
- Able to work in a responsible and self-directed manner, within a broader team
- Good at managing your own time and avoiding distractions
- Aware and realistic about your own strengths and weaknesses
You do not need to have a university degree.
How to Apply
380 total views, 0 today