Part-Time Food Services Manager – Part Time
Judi’s House/JAG Institute (JH/JAG) is the only free-standing organization in Metro Denver devoted solely to supporting grieving youth and families through comprehensive care, research, education, and advocacy. Since 2002, JH/JAG has supported nearly 12,000 individuals, and educated many thousands more, toward the vision that no child should be alone in grief. Join our team on our mission to help children and families grieving a death find connection and healing.
With the help of our volunteers and nourishment providers we provide pre-group meals to our clients so that they can focus on their grief journey without the worry of preparing a meal. Our Food Services Manager oversees this program and is responsibile for developing, managing, overseeing cooking, and monitoring of evening meals for clients receiving services at Judi’s House.
The ideal candidate manages the kitchen and administrative duties such as menu planning, food ordering and shopping, and inventory control for the evening Nourishment Program while also acting as a quality assurance manager for the clients’ dietary needs. The Food Services Manager requires dedication, commitment, time management, decision-making, and the ability to maintain good relationships with all clients, staff, volunteers, and vendors. Candidates should be able to communicate clearly, respond quickly, and work as part of a team.
Judi’s House Core Values:
Judi’s House aims to achieve our vision by adhering to four core values: Compassion, Accountability, Courage, and Respect. Nothing is more important than having a team of people that incorporates these values and holds each other accountable for living this culture every day at Judi’s House.
- Following an approved budget, monitors and maintains inventory levels and purchases food, kitchen equipment, and other supplies as needed.
- Provides related sanitation, food safety, and other necessary training and supervision to volunteer staff.
- Establishes quality standards for foods and maintains cleanliness of the facilities in accordance with state or local regulations.
- Plans and prepares snacks and dinners for clients Monday – Thursday.
- Keeps kitchen organized and clean, including appliances, cabinets, and all inventory.
- Ensures that all state/local health department, licensing, safety, and nutritional requirements are met.
- Understands the needs of children with food allergies and implements methods of food cross-contamination avoidance.
- Oversees daily volunteer dinner preparation and serving for sanitation and safety to include a volunteer orientation to the kitchen
- Utilize food resources that exist in the surrounding community, through local partnerships including upkeeping membership at Food Bank of the Rockies.
- Strategically connect with farms, restaurants, grocery stores, and other community partners to create a sustainable source of food donations.
- Works closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure adequate coverage for volunteer chefs/food providers. Fills in as chef when there is no volunteer or catered food coverage.
- Assists staff and volunteers in serving and clean-up of dinners and snacks to clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements, skills, and qualifications:
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in commercial kitchens.
- Willingness to work evenings.
- Knowledge or experience ordering food and cooking large quantities for up to 200 people for special events.
- Certified Food Protection Manager, Certified Dietary Manager, or other Food Safety Management certification required.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License.
The schedule for this position is on-site, Monday–Thursday, from approximately 3:00pm–7pm with some flexibility.
Compensation and Benefits
Judi’s House promotes work-life balance with our Paid Time Off program along with other leave policies. The hourly range for this position is $22.06 – $24.73.
Applicants are subject to a background check. We are an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
How to ApplyFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://judishouse.hirecentric.com/jobs/221206-44723.html
855 total views, 0 today