Full-Time Fleet and Mechanics Manager
This position is responsible for the administrative and managerial work in the acquisition, repair, maintenance, and decommissioning of equipment and vehicles owned by the City of Oshkosh. This position requires independent and practical problem-solving. Work is reviewed through observation and written reports for adherence to established policies and requirements. Hours are normally first shift, but weekend, holiday, and evening work may be required to get a job completed on time. Specific duties include:
• Perform Fleet Management Responsibilities
• Oversee the Administrative and Planning needs of the Central Garage Division
• Manage Personnel within the Central Garage Division
Required minimum qualifications:
• Associate Degree in business or public administration, fleet management or related field. Bachelor’s Degree in business, public administration, automotive technology, or related field is preferred.
• At least five (5) years of experience with progressively advanced training working on diesel engines or heavy equipment.
• At least three (3) years of supervisory experience within a fleet operation.
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Possess Wisconsin UST (Underground Storage Tank) A&B Operator Certification or have the ability to acquire certification within 6 months of employment. Certified Automotive Fleet Manager (CAFM) certification is preferred.
We offer the successful candidate an attractive program of benefits and an outstanding work environment, including a generous paid time off plan, a stable state pension plan with employer match, and a no-cost clinic available to those enrolled in our health insurance plan.
Our Employee Recognition Program allows us to recognize the achievements and successes of our staff, and our Wellness Committee provides a variety of opportunities to support staff health and wellness. Our Employee Development Program encourages our staff to pursue educational advancement and compensates them for a portion of their continuing education costs.
How to ApplyApplication Procedure: Please visit http://www.ci.oshkosh.wi.us/index.asp for a full description of the position and benefits offered, as well as to apply. The City of Oshkosh is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workforce.
36 total views, 0 today