Full-Time Finance Director
Regional Finance Director (South London)
Reports to: Ark Schools Finance Director
Direct Reports: 2/3 x Senior Finance Managers and a wider regional finance team (Finance Managers/Officers/Assistants) totalling 16 across 8 schools (as at March 23)
Location: South London region
Pattern: Full Time (standard hours 9am – 5.30pm)
Closing date: 07/06/2023 at 10am
Interviews: Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised
Salary: £70,000 to £80,000 (depending on experience)
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and versatile finance professional to play a leading strategic role in the continuing development of our South London schools.
The Regional Finance Director will provide the overall leadership and management for all aspects of finance to Ark Schools in the South London region. The role will be focussed on ensuring processes are embedded across all schools; supporting schools new to the network (or with new staff structures) with transition as well as leading, with regard to finance, on strategic projects within the schools.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in the implementation of financial processes, planning and reporting
- Extensive experience in successfully managing and motivating a team
- A highly organised and proactive approach to work
- To be a member of the Ark Central Finance Team, ensuring that the network financial strategies and processes are being carried out at all South London schools, including those planning to join the network
- To be responsible for all aspects of finance at the academies and developing the in-school finance teams to provide a high-level service to their principals and operations leads
- To assist with finance requirements for transitioning new schools to the network, including systems set-up, staff training and implementation of policies & procedures
- To be responsible directly to the Schools Finance Director for the strategic financial management in all schools in the region
- To control, monitor and evaluate the academies’ finances, ensuring compliance with financial requirements and value for money
- To be responsible for salary forecasts, preparing annual plans of the regions’ priorities in consultation with the Principals and Regional Director, and the annual budgets for approval by Ark Central and review by the Local Governing Bodies
- To be responsible for managing financial inspections by internal and external audit and other bodies and ensure action is taken on any recommendations made
- To ensure that effective credit controls are in place in respect of income, i.e. catering, lettings, etc.
- To work with the HR Business Partner to oversee all matters relating to payroll, including Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs queries, National Insurance, benefits in lieu of pay (travel loans etc.), Give as You Earn scheme, and to ensure that appropriate controls are in place and robust checks are made in relation to the monthly payroll
- Professional accountancy qualification, including significant post-qualifying experience
- A record of Continuing Professional Development activities
- Experience and/or knowledge of schools or education finance & administration would be desirable, but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of financial management systems and processes
- Experience of strategic financial planning and supporting decision-making
- Experience of preparing and presenting financial reports and presentations for various stakeholders
- Ability to ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Ability to interpret complex legislation regulations
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Strong organisational, project management and planning skills
View the full job description and person specification here
We’re an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we’re a network of 39 schools, educating around 28,500 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference and we’re recognised as one of the highest achieving academy groups in the country. We want to change the lives of children everywhere, not just in our own schools. So, we create and incubate Ventures designed not only to help pupils in Ark schools, but also to improve education systems.
You’ll be joining a group of like-minded, ambitious individuals who work collaboratively and are all committed to our core mission, that every child has the potential to succeed. Having just celebrated our 20th anniversary, we are shaping our goals for the next 20 and there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 30 days after 3-years’ service. This entitlement is pro rata for part time employees. This entitlement excludes bank holidays
- Full office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Hybrid working, with currently two days a week in our state-of-the-art office in West London working alongside colleagues and or in school as necessary
- Regular social events, monthly free breakfast, and daily fruit
- A flexible approach to working with understanding and consideration for work life balance and personal commitments
- As an Ark employee, you will have the opportunity to be part of the TPT (The Pension Trust) scheme, our workplace pension scheme where we make an 11% contribution; you are not required to contribute towards this scheme unless you choose to. Depending on your role you may also be entitled to LGPS which is a defined benefit scheme where you contribute a percentage based on how much you earn (as do we) in exchange for a guaranteed amount in your pension pot every year
- Access to high-quality professional learning throughout your career, offering both face-to-face sessions and a bespoke online learning platform
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bike, gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym and free eye tests
Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment – this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
How to ApplyApply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by Wednesday 7th June 2023 at 10am but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response. Click here to apply This ATS application form should take no longer 20 minutes to complete. At any time, you can pause, save, and log back in. If you have any difficulty with meeting the deadline for application, please contact email@example.com
45 total views, 1 today