Full-Time Finance Coordinator (Accounts Receivable)
Finance Coordinator (Accounts Receivable)
Job Title: Finance Coordinator (Accounts Receivable)
Reports to: Director of Finance
Job Status: Full time (40 hours/week)
Salary: $55,000 – $65,000
Application Deadline: December 15, 2023
Starting: January 2024
Location: Washington, DC area
About Generation Hope:
Generation Hope is a nonprofit organization with a mission to ensure all student parents have the opportunities to succeed and experience economic mobility by engaging education and policy partners to drive systemic change and providing direct support to teen parents in college as well as their children through holistic, two-generation programming. To date, we have provided over $1 million in tuition assistance, supported over 330 teen parents in college, celebrated more than 140 degrees earned through our program, and built relationships with more than 30 two and four-year institutions across the country. For more information, please visit www.generationhope.org.
By joining our team, you will be working for an organization named “one of the best nonprofits” by the Catalogue for Philanthropy. Not only do we live out and operationalize our values, we have done the work to create a culture that truly supports every member of our staff. The best part of our organization is the people, from the families we serve to the team we have deliberately cultivated. We strive for excellence while understanding the most valuable asset that we have is our people. We celebrate diversity in all of its forms, including thought, professional and lived experiences, race, gender – even taste in music. If this sounds like a mission and work environment you would like to contribute to and grow with, please consider joining our team.
The Finance Coordinator is a full-time position, working directly with the Director of Finance to support accurate financial documentation and processing for the organization. The Finance Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the implementation of fiscal operations and conducting bookkeeping functions, allowing Generation Hope to best serve families nationwide.
- Preliminary review of bank account’s revenue and balance sheet
- Working with the Development Team to ensure thank you notes for donors and funders are accurate and are sent in a timely manner
- Maintaining files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with Generation Hope’s policies and accepted accounting practices
- Compiling compliance-related documents and receipts for grant reports
- Leading the creation and execution of contracts with technical assistance clients and invoicing clients for timely payment
- Assisting with bookkeeping tasks, data entry, tracking grant funds, and monthly departmental budget reports for the Leadership Team
- Researching and resolving outstanding donation and pledge payments
- Assisting with implementing new policies and procedure to streamline accounts receivable, including reviewing and analyzing expenses to ensure efficiencies
- Assisting with the monthly close and reconciliation process, the annual audit, and annual budgeting processes
- Other duties as assigned
To be successful in the position, you must be able to:
- Keep all stakeholder information confidential
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Innovate and be creative, having the ability to generate solutions that will streamline work
- Serve as an accountability partner for staff and a thought partner for the Director of Finance
To qualify for this position, you should have:
- Personal qualities of honesty, credibility, and dedication to the mission and values of Generation Hope
- An Associate’s degree in nonprofit management, finance management, finance, and or business administration or a similar degree program, or a combination of training and experience
- At least two (2) years of bookkeeping experience with technical proficiency in standard accounts receivable procedures, account reconciliation, and analysis
- At least two (2) years of hands-on experience utilizing QuickBooks software, Zoho Books, or similar financial-management software
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as Microsoft Suite, Google Workspace, CRMs, etc.
- Strong math skills
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures, organization and problem-solving skills, which support and enable sound decision making
- Personal and professional commitment to understanding and dismantling systemic and institutional racism
CANDIDATES MUST RESIDE IN WASHINGTON, D.C., VIRGINIA, OR MARYLAND BEFORE THE EMPLOYMENT START DATE. Generation Hope has a hybrid remote and in-office work model.
Generation Hope provides full benefits, including 403(b), health, dental, and paid time off. More information on benefits can be found at generationhope.org/careers. As a safeguard to the health of our employees, participants, and community, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the employment start date. Our full vaccination policy is available here.
- To apply, please complete the online application here: https://Generation_Hope.formstack.com/forms/apply_now. Please do not call.
Generation Hope is an equal opportunity employer. Generation Hope will not discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, matriculation, political affiliation, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding, or reproductive health decisions), age, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, and disability.
How to ApplyTo apply, please complete the online application here: https://Generation_Hope.formstack.com/forms/apply_now. Please do not call.
84 total views, 0 today