Full-Time Field Director
Title: Field Director
Reports to: Senior Director of Programming and Strategy
Location: New York
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $78,000 to $90,000
Send Applications to: Re*****@he*******.org
If you’re an experienced field organizer who also loves music and democracy, this may be the job for you. HeadCount is the leading grassroots organization running voter registration drives at events, including over 1,000 concerts and festivals each year. You’ll oversee an operation that includes thousands of volunteers all working toward the same goal — helping their peers register and vote.
Our partner touring artists and festivals include Harry Styles, Lizzo, Billie Eilish, Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza, RuPaul’s DragCon and many more.
The Field Director oversees HeadCount’s field operations across the country. This includes leading volunteer recruitment efforts, actively supporting our volunteers leadership team and creating systems that lead to successful results. The Field Director also is responsible for ensuring compliance with nationwide voter registration laws and regulations via event tracking and in-office processing.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead and organize monthly calls for volunteer leadership, advisors and grassroots partners
- Organize and lead HeadCount volunteer committees aimed at advancing diversity and inclusion in the organization
- Management of HeadCount Field Fellows program to develop new organizers and foster and sustain relationships with community organizations
- Disseminate key information and trainings to a nationwide network of volunteer leaders
- Recruit, train and develop nationwide network of grassroots volunteers
- Work across departments to take a holistic view of the entire field campaign, filling gaps where they arise and elevating the quality of experience for all
- Provide regular, data driven impact reports to highlight successes and challenges in the field
- Be on call to problem solve and troubleshoot issues at events
- Ensure compliance in execution of HeadCount’s voter registration processing procedures, while investigating and finding actionable explanations for any instances where registrants do not end up on the voter rolls
- Manage on-site festival activations and represent HeadCount in the field as needed
- Be a champion of diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our field campaign, including volunteer recruitment and staffing
- Communicate with all members of the volunteer ecosystem in a timely manner
- Support and build relationships with volunteer leaders on an individual basis
- Be a strategic and collaborative team player, always looking for ways to foster better results
- Be consistently nonpartisan at a time of extreme political polarization
- 3+ years of experience at nonprofit organizations, campaign or a related field involving grassroots mobilization, peer to peer organizing or volunteer interactions
- Great people skills to manage various types of personalities
- Ability to work both autonomously and be collaborative
- Ability to problem-solve in a timely manner and be solutions-oriented
- Excellent communication (oral and written)
- Highly analytical thinker
- Highly driven and results-oriented work ethic
- Ability to rent and drive a van or other large vehicle to and from events nationwide
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is required to travel to and from event sites, load and unload canopy tents, tables, other large display items, a trunk filled with clipboards, voter registration forms and accompanying materials. The employee may need to assist with large packing and unpacking projects to send similar items to events through the New York office. Dollies, carts and wagons and other equipment will be provided to move large loads. The employee is required to exchange accurate information, detect/identify documents and the information contained in them, move between areas in and out of the office to complete their role. The employee may need to move various equipment including a computer to their work location. Lift at least 40 lbs.
HeadCount is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we are better together.
How to ApplyPlease submit resumes and a cover letter to email@example.com
189 total views, 0 today