Full-Time Facilities Maintenance Specialist – Journeyman Electrician
The Facilities Maintenance Specialist is a journey level position performing skilled work using standardized practices for the following Specialist position: Journey Level Electrician. Incumbents are responsible for repair, adjustment, and maintenance of building systems and equipment within their specialty. Additionally, the Specialists are responsible for assisting in other specialties necessitating broad knowledge, skills and abilities in all areas of building repair and maintenance.
This is the journey level position in the Facilities Maintenance job family. Incumbents work with considerable independence following the standard practices of their specialty, ensuring that regulatory and preventive maintenance is performed, that routine maintenance is completed and urgent repairs are corrected in a timely manner. Incumbents may guide the work of other Specialists in accomplishing projects within their specialty area and may be responsible for training apprentice level Workers. The Specialist level is distinguished from the Worker level in that Specialists are expected to have completed the equivalent of a structured apprenticeship program and, where applicable, to hold the appropriate specialty license or card.
This is a full-time, non-Union, Regular position.
Education and Experience:
Completion of a trades apprenticeship program leading to the equivalent of a Journey level card or license in the assigned specialty area; and,
Two years of general experience in building maintenance, construction, or an additional trade.
Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license required.
Ability to pass Sheriff’s background clearance prior to employment as required for work performed in the Jail facility.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
Knowledge of: Methods, tools and materials used in the assigned trade and in commercial building maintenance and repair; preventive maintenance procedures; codes and regulations applicable to the specialty system and building maintenance in general; purchasing and bid requirements; computer systems used in building system diagnosis; occupational hazards and safety precautions associated with the trades.
Ability to: View, diagnose and repair a variety of complex equipment within the assigned specialty trade; read building construction plans, blue prints, and equipment instruction manuals; demonstrate sufficient strength, agility and dexterity to perform the work of the position; prepare cost estimates and bid specifications; maintain accurate records; communicate effectively with other encountered in the course of the work; safely use and care for tools and equipment.
If you wish to upload a resume or other documents: Resumes and documents must be attached together in the ‘Resume Upload’ section of the application. Multiple files are allowed, but all applicant attachments must be uploaded simultaneously, as there is no way to edit or append uploaded materials after submitting the application.
Application Review (Pass/Fail) – An online application is required. Attaching a resume does not substitute for a completed application; incomplete applications will not pass the application review. Candidates deemed most qualified will be invited to participate in the remainder of the selection process.
Oral Interview – The interview will be job related and may include, but not be limited to, the qualifications outlined in the job announcement. Top candidate(s) will continue in the process.
Employment References will be conducted for the final candidates and may include verification of education.
Examples of Duties
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide high quality customer service at all times, maintain professionalism, perform quality work with minimal supervision and adhere to all safety standards while performing tasks.
- Defines, develops and performs preventive maintenance programs for all specialty area equipment and systems within the County buildings as directed by your immediate supervisor.
- Uses complex diagnostic equipment in the detection of system/equipment failure or malfunction.
- Installs and repairs all specialty area systems and equipment within County buildings to include Emergency Generators, Automated Lighting Control Systems, UPS Systems including battery replacement, maintenance and testing of various systems, PLC controlled systems, Automated Gate systems, Fire Alarm System knowledge, Stormwater Pump System, general electrical installation and lighting maintenance.
- Maintain accurate records and work reports on all work performed utilizing electronic devices. (Cell phone, computer terminal).
- Obtains competitive price quotes, locates vendors, and purchases supplies necessary to maintain inventory and complete assigned projects.
- Designs and/or modifies relevant components of remodel projects within County buildings.
- Works as a part of a team in the design and implementation of remodel projects; may install wiring and devices to assist system upgrades, may necessitate performing support work within another specialty area.
- Provides guidance and training to Workers and other staff within the assigned specialty area.
- Reads, understands, and utilizes complicated blueprints, schematics and plans as well as software systems used in daily documentation.
- Coordinates with architects, engineers and outside contractors to complete assigned projects.
- Completion of a specialty specific apprenticeship program leading to the equivalent of a Journey card or license in the assigned specialty area; and,
- Two years of general experience in building maintenance, construction, and repair.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license (required to perform duties).
- Ability to pass Sheriff’s background clearance prior to employment as required for work performed in the Jail facility.
- Must be willing to respond to after hours emergent calls as needed to maintain operation of 24/7 departments and/or to protect asset damage to County buildings/facilities.
- • Must comply with all directives mandated by County Administration relative to the Covid 19 pandemic and public health compliance.
$29.84 – $40.28- per hour
For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line (applications on external sites are not monitored), please visit our website at:
82 total views, 0 today