Full-Time Executive Vice President, Development and Corporate Partnerships
Civic Nation is seeking an Executive Vice President (EVP) of Development and Corporate Partnerships to lead the organization’s fundraising operation and oversee relationships with major corporate and philanthropic partners. Reporting to and working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the EVP is responsible for leading a high-performing team, creating and successfully implementing a diversified fundraising plan that meets the organization’s annual budgetary needs and strengthens the foundation for long-term sustainability.
The EVP will serve as a member of Civic Nation’s senior leadership team, playing an important role in shaping priorities, identifying opportunities, and informing decisions about the future direction of the organization. They will collaborate closely with the development and corporate partnerships staff, senior leadership and program staff to elevate and promote Civic Nation’s programs, cultivate and steward important supporter relationships, and execute special events and other activities to grow and diversify the organization’s revenue streams.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT & CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS TEAM
The Development and Corporate Partnerships team is focused on building partnerships and raising the funds necessary for Civic Nation and its initiatives to carry out its ambitious plans. Through a variety of tools and resources, the Development team engages in conversation and raises funds from foundations, individuals, and corporations to support our ongoing efforts. The Corporate Partnerships team is responsible for developing impact-generating partnerships and supporting fundraising efforts through corporate partnerships. This team is crucial not only to the success of the organization, but also to the larger culture shift of how business and philanthropy can use their influence for good.
ABOUT CIVIC NATION
Civic Nation is a nonprofit ecosystem for high-impact organizing and education initiatives working to build a more inclusive and equitable America. Civic Nation shifts culture, systems, and policy by bringing together individuals, grassroots organizers, industry leaders, and influencers to tackle some of our nation’s most pressing social challenges. Seven initiatives and campaigns are a part of the Civic Nation family: When We All Vote, ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge, It’s On Us, We The Action, the Change Collective, Online for All, and SAVE On Student Debt.
- Oversee and expand upon Civic Nation’s fundraising and corporate partnerships strategies focused on individual, corporate, and institutional major donors that fosters long-term sustainability and takes advantage of current trends and opportunities to enhance organizational impact.
- Create new strategies to expand and diversify the organization’s revenue generating partnerships, leveraging key leaders on our Board and executive and senior leadership.
- Oversee the implementation of regular donor communications and engagement activities, including donor events and briefings.
Management & Operations
- Manage, supervise, and support the Development & Corporate Partnerships staff in close collaboration with the Development Director and Director of Corporate Partnerships.
- Partner with the CEO on all aspects of fundraising activities and responsibilities, and work closely with Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Finance Officer, and other members of the executive and senior leadership to ensure alignment between organization-wide goals and the team’s priorities.
- Ensure strong cultivation and stewardship of current and prospective major individual and institutional donors across the organization, and grow, maintain and manage a personal portfolio of relationships with major donors and corporate partners.
- Review and improve fundraising messaging and materials.
- Liaise with key staff to ensure grant compliance.
- Other reasonable and relevant duties as assigned.
- 12+ years’ experience in fundraising and partnerships.
- 7+ years of supervisory and/or senior management experience
- Demonstrated success in leading fundraising strategy and managing a high performing fundraising team.
- Proven experience managing executive or other high level relationships with major donors, companies, and foundations and personally cultivating, soliciting, and closing major gifts and grants.
- A strong demonstrated commitment to Civic Nation’s mission and programs including on democracy and voter engagement, civic participation, and economic mobility.
- Collaborative, energetic, and inclusive leader with proven ability to lead a high-performing team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the philanthropic landscape.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, and ability to craft compelling written materials for diverse funder audiences across various program areas.
- Demonstrated success meeting fundraising goals and budgets.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
- Adaptable, flexible leader with a people-centered approach to team management.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Ability to simultaneously juggle multiple projects while also consistently meeting goals.
- Flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Washington, DC-based salary range for this position is $155,000 – $200,000 (will be adjusted for cost of labor for the incumbent’s work location) annually, commensurate with experience. Our comprehensive benefits plan includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees, flexible paid time off, paid family & medical leave, access to a 401k plan, and more.
Candidates can expect the following hiring process and estimated timeline (please note that this timeline may be subject to change):
- Week of February 19: First-Round Interviews: Introductory Call
- Week of March 4: Second-Round Interviews
- Week of March 11: Final Interviews
- Week of March 15: Hiring decision announced
All candidates will be notified via email of the status of their application on or before the completion of the search.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume through our Careers page. The cover letter, addressed to Kyle Lierman, should be concise, compelling, and include why you would like to work for Civic Nation. Applications will be accepted until February 23.
At Civic Nation, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with the fundamental belief that people are inherently capable but often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to fulfill our mission and reach our goals. Civic Nation is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
103 total views, 0 today