Full-Time Executive Director
Peer Health Exchange (PHE) is a national non-profit organization that empowers young people with the knowledge, skills, and resources to make healthy decisions. We do this by training college students to teach a robust skills-based health curriculum in under-resourced high schools across the country. Since our founding in 2003, we have trained more than 15,000 college student volunteers to deliver effective health education to almost 150,000 public high school students in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, the San Francisco Bay Area, and Washington, DC. In 2016, PHE launched a five-year strategic plan to focus on growing our effective model while partnering with health and education systems, as well as communities to build a more integrated, sustainable model for health education. You will be joining an incredibly passionate, collaborative, and committed team working together towards our vision of advancing health equity.
Looking for more information about our awesome benefits, salary and more? Visit us at www.peerhealthexchange.org and check us out on Glassdoor!
As the Executive Director, NYC, you will lead Peer Health Exchange in NYC and cultivate new and existing funding sources to support the growth of the program. Additionally, you will develop our NYC strategy to achieve greater impact while setting goals and developing a plan for NYC. In this role you will oversee the NYC program through exceptional management of the team, and serve as the spokesperson for PHE in NYC to increase our visibility throughout the community. You will also serve as a leader on the Organizational Leadership Team and report directly to the Head of Sites. This is a full-time, salaried position located in our NYC office.
Do you aspire to show up for young people and your community each day? Are you a bold thinker and inclusive collaborator? Does authentic communication and honest feedback help you continuously learn and grow? Do you find the joy in both the journey and the results?
Yes? Here’s what you will do as part of our team:
70% Position the PHE NYC site for long-term sustainability
• Raising the annual NYC budget (~$1.4m in FY19). Currently with support from a Development Director, Senior Manager of Individual Giving, and a Development Assistant.
• Serving as the external face of PHE in NYC by building and managing relationships with strategic community partners, the philanthropic community, and the media
• Sustaining and growing existing relationships with stakeholders including Board members, individual donors, and institutional investors, while designing and implementing a NYC revenue strategy to continue to build and grow a sustainable local funding base
• Developing and supporting the NYC Local Board to serve as community ambassadors for PHE
• Providing fiscal oversight with a strategic lens for the PHE NYC site, including developing and implementing budgets and managing and reporting assets, revenue, and expenditures
30% Organization and Site Leadership and Management
• Manage and develop direct reports to a sustained high level of performance through coaching, mentorship, etc. to ensure that they are constantly acquiring new skills, as well as enhancing and growing their current skills, specifically to strong results in program, fundraising, and talent work; lead hiring of new direct reports as needed
• Support direct reports and full NYC team (12 people) in maintaining a positive and growth oriented team culture
• Foster collaborative relationships between the NYC team and the rest of PHE while monitoring Team health and culture
• Create and implement effective and relevant staff onboarding and training in conjunction with other departments
• Exemplify to PHE’s core values and advance PHE’s vision for health equity in all aspects of our work, internally and externally
• Serving as a liaison to the national and local teams for the NYC site and as a leader on the Organizational Leadership Team
• Providing organizational oversight for the PHE NYC site, including office space, systems, and technology
• Working with the NYC program team, the National team, and external partners to evaluate the PHE program to identify and address challenges and improve outcomes and build a long-term impact strategy for NYC
What you’ll bring to the table:
• Demonstrate a strong passion for PHE’s mission to empower young people with the knowledge, skills, and resources to make healthy decisions; strong alignment with PHE’s core values of Health, Equity, Agency, Communication, and Impact
• Ability – and preferably demonstrated experience in – to center youth inclusion, community partnership, and equity work visibly, broadly, in action in part through deep listening and hearing with a lens of inclusion
• Must have at least 5 years of relevant work experience, including 2-3 years staff management (supervising, managing, coaching, and training others)
• Experience raising funds
• Has strong command of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; familiarity with Salesforce preferred
• Has strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; able to interface with various and diverse set of stakeholders, groups and individuals
• Possesses excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Is comfortable using public transportation or has a valid driver’s license as suits the individual’s needs and abilities, traveling to multiple neighborhoods, and working remotely, when needed
• Experience in individual fundraising
• Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Board development experience
How to Apply
Please apply here: https://phe.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=75
131 total views, 1 today