Full-Time Executive Assistant
Who We Are
The Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) provides a broad range of programs, services, facilities, and park amenities within the City and County of Denver. The City’s park system encompasses approximately 250 urban parks, parkways, and natural areas, totaling over 6,000 acres. The department boasts more than 14,000 acres of pristine mountain parks, eight golf courses, 24 lakes, more than 78,000 trees, over 80 miles of trails, nine off-leash dog parks, and over 300 athletic fields. The recreation system includes 30 recreation centers, 16 outdoor pools, and 16 indoor pools serving more than one million visitors annually. Recreation efforts include arts and cultural classes and events, aquatics, sports and fitness opportunities, and youth programming.
In addition, the department offers programs focused on outdoor education, instructional programs, youth and adult sports leagues, and out-of-school programs offered in conjunction with Denver Public Schools. DPR is comprised of four divisions: Administration, Recreation, Parks and Planning, and the Golf Enterprise Fund. Denver Parks and Recreation’s adopted the Game Plan, which provides strategic guidance for the department over the next 20 years. For more information, please visit our Parks and Recreation website.
DPR recognizes the importance of diversity in the representation of our organization to best serve our customers and community. To that end, DPR is committed to:
- Examining department policies and processes that value diverse perspectives and eliminate barriers to inclusion
- Identifying where inequities exist and implementing strategies to ensure equitable outcomes
- Strengthening diversity in Parks and Recreation services by transforming policies to institutionalize equity
- Reinvesting in resources aimed at ensuring DPR is an equitable and just organization
What We Offer
The City and County of Denver offers a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience. The starting salary range for this position is $24.90 – $31.12 hourly. We also offer generous benefits for full-time employees which includes but is not limited to:
- A guaranteed life-long monthly pension
- 457B Retirement plan
- 140 hours of PTO earned within first year + 12 Paid Holidays per year
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans effective within 1 month of start date
What You’ll Do
Denver Parks and Recreation has an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience in a large and multifaceted government agency!
We are seeking an outstanding candidate for our Executive Assistant position in the Administration Division. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support primarily for the department’s Executive Director and support for the department’s Chief of Staff. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for office management of the department, as it relates to the Executive Director and Chief of Staff.
- Serve as the Executive Director and Chief of Staff’s calendar delegate by maintaining the Executive Director and Chief of Staff’s schedules including scheduling meetings, reserving meeting rooms, resolving scheduling conflicts, and organizing itineraries
- Compose and compile reports and memos, and communicate information to the department, as well as other city departments and external partners
- Communicate general and confidential information on behalf of the Executive Director and/or Chief pf Staff to both internal staff and external entities
- Prepare, coordinate, and organize meeting materials, presentations, and other documents to support the Executive Director and Chief of Staff’s daily work
- Support the Executive Director and Chief of Staff by monitoring deadlines related to projects, deliverables, and other time-sensitive communications
- Support the Executive Director and Chief of Staff with signature approvals, including preparing documents for digital signature and ensuring all required pre-approvals and reviews are complete and documented
- Monitor and manage the Executive Director’s emails and other communications to ensure critical, time-sensitive matters are reviewed and addressed by the Executive Director
- Screen, direct, and/or respond to various questions, requests, or concerns from both internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Arrange travel for national and international business trips, including flights, hotels, ground transportation, visas, and meeting registrations
- Maintain and update administrative departmental Standard Operating Procedures and associated forms
What You’ll Bring
Our ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter and should be comfortable taking initiative and working independently. We are looking for an individual with the ability to provide exceptional customer service to the department’s internal and external customers, and the capacity to work well under pressure.
Additionally, our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Administrative and clerical experience in a large and complex organization
- Experience managing complex scheduled and responding to rapidly changing priorities
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Familiarity with local government
- Strong communication skills, in verbal, written, and visual form
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to take on multiple projects while maintaining a professional, calm demeanor
- Ability to maintain and protect highly confidential information
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET, or TASC Certificate
- Experience: Three (3) years of administrative/secretarial experience which must include one (1) year of experience providing support to a manager responsible for large, complex divisions or the highest-level manager of a small organization
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement
The City and County of Denver utilizes a hybrid model workplace that balances the responsibilities of public service with the benefits of a flexible work environment. Employees work where needed, at a city site and/or in the field several days a week and telecommute remotely at a designated workplace within the State of Colorado the remaining days. The current hybrid model is subject to change over time.
How to Applyhttps://denver.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CCD-denver-denvergov-CSC_Jobs-Civil_service_jobs-Police_Jobs-Fire_Jobs/job/Executive-Assistant---Denver-Parks-and-Recreation_R0062159
16 total views, 0 today