Full-Time Events Coordinator
WELCOME TO YOUR CENTER!
Established as a community non-profit in 1972, The Center provides targeted programs and services to the full diversity of the San Diego LGBTQ community. The mission of The Center is to enhance and sustain the health and well-being of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender, nonbinary, immigrant, and HIV communities for the betterment of our entire San Diego region. Our vision is to create a Center and Center culture where every person feels and knows that they are welcomed, valued, and supported. As the beacon for our regional LGBTQ community, we actively recommit to being a more vibrant, bold, innovative, safe, and modern center each day than the day before. The Center is sex-positive and provides advocacy and critical health and social support services to support our community members through all stages of life, focusing on our deeply held values of equity, social justice, and client-centered, trauma-informed care. The Center currently has over 75 staff working at five facilities across San Diego County.
As of 04/01/2023, the Center has relaxed its COVID-19 vaccination requirement for employment. New employees are encouraged but not required to be vaccinated. The Centre reserves the right to amend this requirement based on health concerns and/or governmental recommendations to protect the well-being of our community. If this requirement changes, employees will have 30 days to comply.
Working in collaboration with The Center’s development team, this individual will be a vital part of coordinating and implementing signature fundraising events. The successful candidate will exhibit professionalism in all aspects of their work, have a talent for event coordination, provide outstanding customer service, and be able to build and leverage relationships with event partners.
The Events Coordinator position will have events-focused fundraising experience and will work in collaboration with the Development team to achieve the fundraising goals of The Center. This position will work with the team to coordinate and execute each of The Center’s fundraising campaigns and signature events, including AIDS Walk & Run San Diego, Dining Out for Life San Diego, Harvey Milk, and other special events. The ideal candidate will also need to work effectively as part of a team and take the initiative when the need arises.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Signature Fundraising Events:
- Work collaboratively with a dedicated team to design and implement successful Signature Fundraising Events from conception through post-event
- Develop and implement a production timeline with the ability to manage up and sideways.
- Assigned tasks include but are not limited to coordination of vendors, guest lists, venue preparation, catering, entertainment, equipment, decor, and additional preparation and support for on-site preparations, volunteers, production, and event breakdown.
- Coordinate the identification, recruitment, and stewardship of over 85 Dining Out For Life San Diego locations with the support of two seasonal employees. Develop and implement a year-round program that builds long-lasting relationships with participating locations.
- Maintain records on event activities, progress, status, and post-event summary.
- Assist in providing enhanced fulfillment to Center sponsors and partners to confirm the contracts and necessary information is obtained for events and supervise contractual deliverables to ensure value of their support. These tasks include: creating and updating deliverable timelines, preparing appreciation packets, communicating with sponsors to ensure logo placement and messaging, creating fulfillment reports, and other tasks as directed.
- Work with the Development team to achieve fundraising benchmarks on campaigns, including extensive direct mail appeals and donor relations.
- Provide support to the Development department’s appreciation and stewardship program.
- Perform regular phone calls to connect with donors on topics including inviting them to events, participating in campaigns, and responding to fundraising inquiries.
- Utilize The Center’s donor database, Raiser’s Edge, and online fundraising software, Classy, to search for and assure donor information is updated and assist partners and Center supporters with their fundraising efforts and inquiries.
- Provide overall support to the Development department.
- Education/Experience: 1-3 years of experience in event planning/coordination or fundraising.
- Professional Skills: Proven success interacting with various types of donors and community members; strong planning and organizational skills; comfort making connections through phone calls; ability to track and report on goals.
- Personal Skills: Outgoing and personable; comfort with speaking about donations; familiarity with the LGBTQ+ communities and the work of The Center
- Technology Skills: Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English.
- Education/Experience: 3-5 years of experience in event planning/management of fundraising in a professional, philanthropic environment. Experience planning and executing large scale events.
- Language Skills: Fluency in Spanish is highly preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Compensation: The pay range for this position is $22.50 – $26.50 and is commensurate with experience. This is a Full-Time, Regular Non-Exempt
- Benefits: The CENTER offers a robust benefits package, inclusive of Competitive Pay Scales, 401(k) Retirement Plan (with company match), Flex Time Opportunities, Full Medical, Dental, Vision, and Chiropractic Health Coverage, Out-of-Pocket Optional Coverage for Spouses, Domestic Partners, and Dependent Children, Full-time and Part-Time Schedules, Generous Vacation and Holiday Benefits, Professional Training & Development Experiences, Opportunities for Promotion & Advancement
Please review the current job openings by clicking the button below. If you believe you possess the heart and skills for any of these (or any other) exciting job opportunities, we encourage you to apply. Instructions for how to apply are included in each job announcement. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The San Diego LGBTQ Community Center is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
How to ApplyPlease submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: To include the job title you are applying to "Events Coordinator position."
48 total views, 4 today