Full-Time Event and Public Engagement Coordinator
About Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center
Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center is a nonprofit organization on 240 acres of forest and farmland bordering the Snoqualmie River in Carnation, Washington. Oxbow researches and practices riparian restoration, monitors the ecological impacts of land use and restoration, applies agroecological farming methods, grows food and native plants, and educates people of all ages about agriculture and the environment. Collectively, Oxbow’s work takes real-time action to combat climate change, promote biodiversity, and encourage healthy food systems.
Oxbow is looking for an Event & Public Engagement Coordinator with a positive, can-do attitude, who enjoys public-facing work, and who shares our passion for food, farming, and the environment. This person will support the events & public engagement team in executing new and creative programming that will connect Oxbow to the broader community throughout the year.
They will provide impeccable customer care and thrive in a fast-paced working environment. The position requires working some weekends and evenings. It also includes being connected to the other program teams and working collaboratively. Oxbow is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion work and asks all staff members to participate in our culture building exercises.
- Maintain Square app and technology for event and outdoor kitchen sales
- Maintaining a calendar of outreach activities including community events, workshops, offsite tabling events, and other opportunities.
- Maintain event workbooks with the Public Engagement Assistant Manager
- Maintain event supply inventory
- Maintain the Public Engagement budget with the Public Engagement Manager
Internal Event Coordination
- Coordinate staff appreciation lunches and parties
- Assist in distributing site-prep checklists for Oxbow program teams during events
- Assist in drafting and sending communication plans & timelines to Oxbow staff regarding pre-event, event day & post-event responsibilities
Public Event Coordination
- Assist in the coordination of public-facing Oxbow events, including but not limited to: pre-event planning, load-in & load-out logistics, and event execution
- Maintain event supplies, including on-site signage, printed collateral, supplies, and décor
- Coordinate placement and installation of event materials, and ensure post-event cleaning and return of items
- Supervise on-site production, break-down, and clean-up for events
- Direct the work of on call staff on-site during events
- Coordinate printing and delivery of on-site signage and collateral with third party printer
- Coordinate tabling kit inventory and outdoor kitchen needs
- Establish and maintain relationships with external vendors (rental companies, caterers, musicians, other suppliers)
- Source vendors who are in alignment with Oxbow’s sustainability standards
- Support on-site during events in various areas, including check-in, membership & info booth, outdoor kitchen, and various other customer-facing activities
- Secure permits when needed for public events
- Passion for executing creative and meaningful experiences for guests
- 2-3 years’ experience of venue and event planning and coordination or equal experience
- Adept at managing multiple projects at once and using collaborative project management tools
- Ability to think proactively and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Excellent communication skills, proofreading experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Proficient with Eventbrite and/or other ticketing or CRM platforms
- Reliable, hardworking, and enthusiastic
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY Please apply directly on our website via Bamboo. Deadlines for applications closes Monday, February 19, 2024. Provide a resume and cover letter that highlights why you are interested in the position and states your DEI values and what community building means to you. If you have any questions, please send them to email@example.com.
59 total views, 0 today