Full-Time Estates Energy Manager
Estates Energy Manager
Reports to: Head of Estates
Location: West London with travel expected across the Ark Network
Pattern: Full Time (standard hours 9am – 5.30pm)
Closing date: 14/02/2024 at 10am
Interviews: Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 (depending on experience)
New year, new you, new role. We are looking for an Estates Energy Manager to join our Central Estates Team. At Ark we believe in the power of education to ignite change and empower future leaders. This role might be the new role you’re looking for to start the new year.
About the role:
We are looking for an Estates Energy Manager who will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to improve energy efficiency, reduce costs, and minimise environmental impact across Ark’s network of schools. This role involves analysing energy usage, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing sustainable practices.
The Estates Energy Manager will collaborate with school’s operations and premises management teams to ensure compliance with energy regulations with reduced utility consumption in each location.
We will invest in your professional development by enrolling you onto the Level 3 Junior Energy Manager apprenticeship programme as part of this role. On successful completion of this Apprenticeship, you will be eligible for relevant membership of energy management related bodies, which includes Technician Member status of the Energy Institute (TMEI)
- Analyse energy data to identify trends, patterns, and areas for improvement
- Provide guidance on best practices for energy-efficient operations
- Ensure compliance with energy-related laws and standards
- Develop strategies to meet and exceed regulatory requirements
- To manage Ark’s energy monitoring systems to track usage and identify anomalies
- Communicate results and recommendations to management and stakeholders
- Conduct training sessions to educate school staff on energy conservation
- Stay informed about emerging technologies and trends in renewable energy
- Manage PV and LED Installation works in conjunction Estates Projects and School teams
- Develop and manage budgets for energy-related projects and initiatives
- Basic understanding of Heating, Ventilation and Air Condition operation, functionality, and controls
- Proven experience in energy management or a related field such as general facilities management
- Knowledge of energy-efficient technologies and renewable energy sources
- Familiarity with energy regulations and standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Highly skilled and adaptable ‘people skills’, with experience of developing great working relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation
- Able to follow instructions accurately, but make good judgments and lead when required
- Understands the importance of confidentiality and discretion
View the full job description and person specification here
We’re an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we’re a network of 39 schools, educating around 30,000 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference and we’re recognised as one of the highest achieving academy groups in the country. We want to change the lives of children everywhere, not just in our own schools. So, we create and incubate Ventures designed not only to help pupils in Ark schools, but also to improve education systems.
You’ll be joining a group of like-minded, ambitious individuals who work collaboratively and are all committed to our core mission, that every child has the potential to succeed. Having just celebrated our 20th anniversary, we are shaping our goals for the next 20 and there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 30 days after 3-years’ service. This entitlement is pro rata for part time employees. This entitlement excludes bank holidays
- Full office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Hybrid working, with currently two days a week in our state-of-the-art office in West London working alongside colleagues
- Regular social events, monthly free breakfast, and daily fruit
- A flexible approach to working with understanding and consideration for work life balance and personal commitments
- As an Ark employee, you will have the opportunity to be part of the TPT (The Pension Trust) scheme, our workplace pension scheme where we make an 11% contribution; you are not required to contribute towards this scheme unless you choose to. Depending on your role you may also be entitled to LGPS which is a defined benefit scheme where you contribute a percentage based on how much you earn (as do we) in exchange for a guaranteed amount in your pension pot every year
- Access to high-quality professional learning throughout your career, offering both face-to-face sessions and a bespoke online learning platform
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bike, gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym and free eye tests
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment – this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
We aim to build a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone – staff and students – can do their best work and achieve their full potential. We want to reflect and represent diverse perspectives across our organisation because we know that doing so will make us stronger and more effective. To know more about Ark’s diversity and inclusion commitments, please click on this link.
How to ApplyApply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by Wednesday 14th February 2024 at 10am but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response. Click here to apply This ATS application form should take no longer 20 minutes to complete. At any time, you can pause, save, and log back in. If you have any difficulty with meeting the deadline for application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
74 total views, 0 today