Internship Environmental Engineering Intern (Summer 2024)
Are you a civil or environmental engineering student with a strong interest in environmental engineering? Are you looking to further your education with intensive, real-world experience and mentorship from professional engineers? Do you like the idea of spending this summer outdoors, getting your hands dirty (literally) while you learn about what it takes to be a successful environmental engineer? GeoEngineers is seeking motivated environmental students for our environmental Summer 2024 internship opportunities.
Our interns gain hands-on, real-world experience in the field of environmental site assessment and remediation by directly contributing to the success of group projects. Interns experience field and office time and work alongside engineers and scientists to monitor field explorations and construction projects, collect field data, document site conditions, and assist with preparing proposals, reports, and submittals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors field explorations (drilling and test pit explorations) and construction projects under the guidance of engineers and scientists.
- Documents field conditions and completes field reports.
- Performs typical environmental field sampling activities including soil, groundwater, surface water, sub-slab vapor, and indoor air sampling under the guidance of engineers and scientists.
- Learns aspects of the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) environmental regulations and policies.
- Assists engineers and scientists with office and project-related deliverables including data tabulation, proposals, and report preparation.
- Assists with organizing and maintaining field equipment when needed.
- Maintains field readiness and keeps up to date on company training requirements. Conducts work safely and supports the safe work practices of team members.
- May assist with routine laboratory testing and analyses. Assists with organizing and maintaining lab and field equipment when needed.
- Assists engineers with office and project-related deliverables.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program specializing in Civil, or Environmental Engineering.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable form of personal transportation.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical activities, regular walking, bending, standing and reaching, and occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform consistent work on a PC with prolonged sitting and view of a monitor/screen.
Our best estimate of the salary range for this position, located in Portland, OR is $21 per hour. Compensation offered will be based on a variety of individual factors, including education and experience, as well as internal equity. GeoEngineers’ salary ranges are reviewed and updated each year and employees are eligible for pay increases based on individual performance. As part of our competitive total rewards package, employees in this role may also be eligible for our annual year-end bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At GeoEngineers, investing in our people is a top priority. In addition to competitive and equitable pay, we are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including healthcare (with travel benefit for care not locally available), 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation and sick time and paid holidays, among others. View our full listing of benefits here.
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey, and we are committed to doing the work, learning and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
GeoEngineers is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment, please contact Human Resources at **@ge**********.com or by phone at (425) 861-6000. We will then make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for openings on our team. We would love for you to join us!
We care about your privacy. Read GeoEngineers’ Privacy Notice for details on our personal data policies.
How to ApplyApply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/2181347/Geoengineers-Inc/Environmental-Engineering-Intern-Summer-2024
64 total views, 0 today