Full-Time Energy Services Assistant
SALARY LEVEL: Grade 18
REPORTS TO: Inventory Manager
AREA OF FOCUS: Energy Services
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting Energy Services staff as needed in performing a variety of clerical functions, general support, project assistance, and maintaining of records for the Energy Services Department. Duties have varying due dates and must be accomplished in a timely manner. Must be able to multi-task. Must maintain a well-organized and professional office environment. Employee must be able to take initiative, work independently, and know when to ask for direction. Must exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports and upholds Couleecap’s mission to fight poverty and promote self-sufficiency for individuals by helping to identify needs, mobilize resources, and provide quality services.
- Uses computer, Microsoft programs and computerized accounting software with a purchase order system to complete assignments; operates basic office machines.
- Assists Inventory Assistant with a variety of tasks, including ordering, receiving and securing materials for Energy Services programs, and maintaining security and cleanliness of the warehouse. Working with work crews to coordinate work orders, paperwork, and distribution and return of materials. Ordering of subcontractor work per work order, communicating with vendors and collecting and preparing invoice paperwork for payment. May assist with monthly inventory reconciliation and data entry in state based reporting system.
- Assists Energy Services Coordinator with recruitment and enrollment of program participants, processing of applications, verifications, drafting correspondence, file building and tracking of information. Responding to customer, vendor or other business questions and/or directing them to appropriate staff/program as necessary.
- Assists Energy Services staff with specific projects or other assistance, as assigned.
- Provides back-up for Energy Services functions, as trained and performs other general duties, as assigned.
- Attends meetings and training sessions, as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Understand, appreciate, and interact with people from all cultures or belief systems.
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Requires academic education beyond high school sufficient to qualify for registration in a professional occupation; or three to four years’ previous experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, technical procedures, government regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions. Ability to write business correspondence using standard grammar. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, customers and vendors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be accurate with details.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with practical problems involving a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Access to reliable, licensed, insured driver and transportation.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must possess the ability to complete multiple tasks accurately and efficiently and respond to a wide variety of requests from multiple staff members. Ability to work four 10-hour days (Monday through Thursday 7 am to 5:30 pm). Work time will be spent in both an office and warehouse setting. Knowledge of standard office procedures, equipment and customer service skills. Must have the ability to organize and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other agency staff, vendors and customers. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Inventory experience and knowledge of materials used in building construction and furnace operation is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, bend and climb (such as a step ladder) or balance. This job requires occasional physical effort which involves working with average and occasionally heavy weight materials. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in both an office and warehouse setting. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold and extreme heat. Exposure to cellulose, fiberglass and other building materials is frequent. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
97 total views, 0 today