Full-Time Employment Benefits Specialist
Greater Boston Legal Services (GBLS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Accessible Employer and strives to ensure that our staff members reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Greater Boston Legal Services (GBLS) seeks a full-time Employment Benefits Specialist to coordinate all functions of GBLS benefits management, legal compliance issues and act as the primary contact with GBLS employees on benefits related issues.
Essential duties will include but not limited to:
· Managing all functions of GBLS benefits cafeteria plan including health, dental, vision insurance; Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance; Health Reimbursement Agreement; Flexible Spending Accounts; 403(b) Tax-deferred Pension Account; COBRA coverage; Workers Compensation; Unemployment Benefit Claims; Student Loan Forgiveness program; etc.
· Processing employee’s benefit enrollment records, monthly insurance invoices and applicable changes of coverage in close coordination with the insurance and service providers such as Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Lincoln Financial Group, London Health Administrators, Sentinel Benefits and Financial Group, etc.
· Providing benefits information and enrollment forms for all new hires and all employees during the Open Enrollment procedures. Maintaining benefit records as applicable for all employees.
· Managing legal compliance issues, imputed tax administration through ADP benefit management system, annual notifications for different specific benefits, workplace safety and other required reports such as EEO-1, ACA, HIRD, Form 5500, and various census or surveys required by the Department of Labor, or other insurance providers.
· Assisting the Director of Human Resources in dealing with annual salary increases and other reports for the Unions and grant management system.
· Acting as a liaison with Finance team in monitoring benefits enrollment records, insurance premium invoices and payments, payroll deductions and imputed tax issues.
· Tracking volunteer, student and intern hiring procedures and related budget issues.
Qualifications: At least 3 to 5 years of direct experience in benefit management, preferably in a non-profit and unionized environment. The candidate must have strong organizational skills and demonstrate the ability to manage benefit compliance issues for a workforce with more than 150 employees. Strong communications skills and able to work with people from a diverse ethnic and social backgrounds. Having a personal commitment to GBLS mission in supporting human rights and social justice.
Salary will be determined based on experience staring from $65,000 to $75,000 annually. GBLS offers a generous benefits package that include 98% premium payment for health insurance, 100% payment for dental insurance, pension account, and generous paid time off.
GBLS values diversity and encourages applicants from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
How to ApplyCandidates should submit letter of interest, resume and brief writing sample to the Human Resources Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to job code: GBLS-BENEFITS when applying for this position. Deadline is August 31, 2022 or until the position is filled, with applications to be reviewed on a rolling basis.
721 total views, 0 today