Full-Time EMEA VAT Senior Vice President
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world’s top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” – 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 239 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We’re seeking a future team member for the role of EMEA VAT Senior Vice President to join our EMEA Tax Department, principally supporting the EMEA region but have responsibility for providing indirect tax advice in all locations the BNY Mellon Group operates in. The successful candidate will report to the EMEA Head of Tax and work closely with the wider Corporate Tax team in London, Belgium and the US as well as central and regional Finance teams.
This role is located in London (hybrid).
- Part of the VAT team responsible for UK VAT compliance, including review of VAT returns, identifying risks, implementing controls, minimising VAT liabilities/compliance issues, identifying improvement areas and responding to HMRC queries.
- Partner with our outsourced tax compliance provider and regional Finance teams to manage the indirect tax compliance in the EMEA region, including monitoring deliverables, driving automation and standardisation of VAT compliance processes, and proactively managing EMEA VAT audits/enquiries to conclusion.
- Partner with the EMEA Banking and Asset Management Commercial teams to evaluate business change initiatives and advise on the regional VAT implications. Implement strategies to optimise VAT, including seeking advice from external advisors as needed, communicating this advice to non-VAT technical senior audiences and ensuring the advice is implemented.
- Provide VAT advice on adhoc queries with respect to new products, client and vendor contracts and discreet projects with a risk management and commercial focus.
- Ensure the business is kept up to date with changes in VAT legislation/new indirect tax regimes through attendance at industry/lobbying forums and developing strong relationships with external advisors. Design and implement new processes and procedures to adhere to applicable laws.
- Provide indirect tax advice and training to Technology and Finance teams to ensure finance/billing system modifications continue to meet VAT reporting obligations (for example, e-invoicing, VAT procedures advice to AP/AR teams). Identify opportunities to optimize VAT reporting, manage VAT risk and deliver process improvements.
- Manage the indirect tax processes and control environment to support compliance with the UK Senior Accounting Officer regime, SOX and financial statement audits.
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking the following:
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CTA (or equivalent);
- Proven tax experience in a large group environment or advisory firm;
- Strong UK VAT technical background, some EU VAT knowledge and system automation experience gained ideally in the financial services sector;
- Excellent written and verbal skills, particularly with respect to communicating VAT matters to wider non-VAT audiences.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office, particularly excel. Experience with Oracle ERP is helpful;
- An individual focused on accountability and operating within and enhancing the existing tax risk and control framework;
- A highly organised, pro active and team player who is able to prioritise, manage competing demands and work to demanding and, sometimes, tight deadlines;
- An analytical and process driven individual with problem solving skills and a risk based approached outlook to making decisions and recommendations;
- A strong team player who enjoys working collaboratively and fostering stronger working relationships within the Corporate Tax Department, the wider business and externally with our advisors and local tax authorities.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here’s a few of our awards:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN – 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP’s Climate Change ‘A List’
- Forbes Blockchain 50
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life’s journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
How to Applyhttps://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers/job/18150067
96 total views, 0 today