Full-Time Electrician- Cheltenham and Gloucester
Why choose us?
Choosing to work for SMS means choosing to make a difference. We are changing how businesses and consumers use energy for the better, helping achieve a greener, sustainable, and more affordable energy system for everyone. Through our range of innovative energy solutions, we are delivering the future of smart energy – working closely with private and public sector partners we are playing a critical role in transforming and decarbonising the UK economy by 2050.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 personal holiday days per year (with additional 8 public holidays) increasing to 30 personal days after 5 years of service (includes options to buy and sell)
- Hybrid working options.
- Enhanced Maternity leave. Paternity and Adoption leave.
- 24/7 free and confidential employee assistance service.
- Medicash health plan offers a wide variety of benefits from cashback on everyday healthcare treatments like optical, dental and physio treatments. Discounted gym memberships and free 24/7 online GP.
- Access to our Share Incentive Plan which allows you to become a shareholder in a tax-efficient way and benefit from the success of the company
- Life Insurance (4 x annual salary)
- Pension matching scheme
- Developing our people is important to us – we support and encourage development by offering internal and external accredited courses, secondments and study support.
What’s the role?
As an Electrician you are joining at an exciting growth phase in SMS, the aim of the role is to assist Field Services department with site surveys at a variety of different customer site types including telecom cell sites and other commercial properties.
You will be required to attend client sites to locate and survey equipment and utility metering. You will compile detailed survey reports based on your findings at site to meet client requirements while delivering an exceptional customer experience by ensuring that all survey work is completed safely and thoroughly ensuring that the customer experiences minimal disruption.
You will need to pull DNO fuses to check fuse sizes and cut-out ratings. Install, remove or exchange whole current meters. Install three and single phase isolators. To be able to carry this out , you need to be prepared to become MOCOPA registered for single and three phase supplies. You will be required to complete various electrical installation works, complete NICEIC electrical test certificates and produce electrical survey reports. Traveling UK wide including frequent overnight stays.
You may also be called on from time to time to temporarily work on other projects / clients to support special projects. This will be allocated by the line manager in advance of any work required with full instruction.
- Traveling UK wide including frequent overnight stays
- Attend client sites to locate and survey equipment and utility metering. This will include TELCO mast equipment and other commercial properties and
- Carry out various electrical installation works and compile detailed reports based on findings providing accurate measurements and information for recording purposes.
- Attend on site meetings with clients/specialist contractors as and when required to discuss SMS’s requirements.
- To liaise with agents/client/office staff to discuss any issues and problem areas as and when required and where necessary to identify and rectify problems, as well as liaising with clients to report on progress
- To maintain accurate and up to data records and maintain a full inventory of access keys, tools and equipment.
- To assist in the proactive resolution of site problems including access issues.
- Carry out all necessary administrative duties as required and ensure Health & Safety regulations are observed throughout.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- C&G 2382-18 – BS7671 18th Edition (essential)
- NVQ Level 2 in electrical installation or equivalent
- Full UK driving license (essential)
- Previous electric meter experience is essential
- Health & Safety qualification – Desirable
- MOCOPA accreditation desirable
How to ApplyPlease send your CV to email@example.com if you would like to apply.
23 total views, 0 today