Full-Time Electrical Engineer
We, at Leggett & Platt Inc., are searching for an Electrical Engineer within our Engineering team in Carthage, MO to help support our Adjustable Bedding business. Did you know we have been revolutionizing the sleep industry since 1883? That’s right! In fact, we hold the original patent on a spiral steel coil bed spring, filed way back in 1885. Since then, we have been an industry leader in guaranteeing you get the best sleep possible. If you join our team, your work will ensure people across the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
As an Electrical Engineer you will have the opportunity to design new products to innovate how people sleep. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the business by developing products from concept to market. The team you will be working with is close knit and relaxed, and values challenging work and diversity of thought.
So, what will you be doing as an Electrical Engineer?
- Designing new systems for adjustable beds from inception to production
- Workshopping in a team environment to create new products and manage its creation
- Testing electronics by designing test protocols, building equipment, and performing the test.
- Collaborate with manufacturing groups to deploy new products
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise during production
- Communicate with vendors in order to improve component compatibility
- Document the electronics, testing, and procedures for projects
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering
- Product development experience
- The ability to communicate clearly with a variety of groups
- A willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- On site work is a requirement – partial remote is available
Things we consider a plus:
- At least two years of experience in electrical engineering is preferred.
Reasons You’ll Love It Here
Our benefits may vary slightly from one location to the next, but what you will find, is that we offer: medical, dental, and vision insurance; as well as paid vacation, paid personal time, and various opportunities to give back to your local community. One convenient fact about our medical plan, is that we offer tele-visits, so you don’t have to leave the comfort of your home when you are feeling under the weather! We also strongly encourage and provide opportunities for learning and professional development. Our Learning & Development team has put together in-house training on subjects like front-line supervisor essentials, how to manage conflict in the workplace, and many others.
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our Commitment to You
We’re actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. We welcome and encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other historically marginalized groups.
Research shows that women and people of color tend not to apply to jobs unless they believe they are 100% qualified and apply to fewer senior-level positions. With that in mind, we encourage you to apply if you meet the minimum qualifications but perhaps not all of the preferred qualifications. We’d love to have the opportunity to consider you! In keeping with our commitment, Leggett & Platt Inc. will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For specific regional privacy notices please refer to our http://privacy.leggett.com/privacy-notices
How to ApplyTo be considered, you must apply: https://careers.leggett.com/job-invite/35688/
170 total views, 0 today