Full-Time Early Childhood Specialist III
Early Childhood Specialist III
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Salary: $3,917.00 – $4,757.00 Monthly
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Job Number: 23C005
Location: Kirkland, WA
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This is lead teacher position for the early childhood center located at LWTech. The Early Learning Center encourages discovery, independence, self-regulation, problem solving and exploration in a safe, stimulating environment. Our program is based on a child-centered philosophy that accepts each child at their own developmental level and encourages them to learn through exploration and experiences. The lead teacher is required to create, record, implement, maintain and evaluate an age appropriate, culturally respectful curriculum and learning environment for the children enrolled at the early learning center.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and other insurance benefits are provided as currently administered under Public Employees Benefits Board, State Retirement Plan and a Deferred Compensation Plan; sick leave accrues at 1 day effective upon employment and vacation accrues at 12 days (up to 23 days) per year. We also offer 13 paid holidays effective upon employment and 4 paid personal days after successful completion of the probation period. Full time, classified employees have access to bereavement leave, employee assistance program, free tuition, reduced child care costs at our Early Learning Center, reduced Bus Fare, professional development opportunities and more! For further details on the benefits offered at LWTech, please visit: https://www.lwtech.edu/about/human-resources/benefits/
• Plan, implement and evaluate a weekly curriculum, activities for the classroom and outdoors, based on individual and group development.
• Assume responsibility for room arrangement, rotation of materials to create an engaging environment designed for exploration
• Observe and record behaviors and developmental skills of all children enrolled at the early learning center; make program adjustments based on these observations
• Prepare summaries of each child’s developmental program using observations and samples of child’s work
• Establish and maintain respectful interactions and relationships with the children, staying engaged and supporting their ongoing growth and development
• Initiate and maintain positive partnerships with families through daily communication, interaction and scheduled conferences
• Offer guidance and positive feedback to early childhood education students, volunteers, and lower classified positions
• Maintain a healthy, safe environment for children in program following the guidance of the Department of Early Learning childcare licensing requirements
• Work as a positive team member, providing support and collaboration to improve the overall program
• Perform the work of lower classified positions as necessary; perform related duties as required
• Take leadership role in the absence of management
• At least 18 years of age and high school diploma or G.E.D.
• Early Childhood Education short certificate (20 college credits). If certificate is in process it must be completed no later than January 1st, 2024. Associate degree in early childhood education (45 college credits) preferred
• Must meet licensing requirements for Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) including registration in Managed Education and Registry Tool (MERIT) and current DCYF portable background check. Educational record must be current.
• Completion of Childcare Basics (STARS 30-hour course)
• Minimum two years of full-time early learning work experience in a lead role, specifically with children ages 1yrs old – 6yrs old in a group setting, or equivalent education/experience
• Knowledge of Washington State Developmental Guidelines for Early Childhood Education, experience in Early Achiever Rating System preferred
• Have or obtain within 90 days of employment: current infant/child CPR & Basic First Aid; Bloodborne pathogen training, and Food Handler’s Permit
• Proof of current negative (tuberculosis) TB skin test and Mumps, Measles and Rubella (MMR) immunity
• completion of criminal history investigation through MERIT required before first day of employment
• Be physically able to lift 50 lbs.; able to participate with children in indoor and outdoor physical activities 6 – 8 hours per day and able to respond quickly to emergency situations
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to supervise a group of children and their activities within the state mandated child to adult ratios for designated age group
• Demonstrated ability to relate and communicate effectively with children, families, community members and staff of diverse ages, backgrounds, cultures and abilities
• Ability to be responsive to the needs of a diverse student population and community
• Effective interpersonal skills and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to work in a team environment and build constructive, respectful working relationships characterized by a high level of cooperation and mutual regard
• Ability to contribute to a work environment that embraces diversity and diverse perspectives to enhance the attainment of center goals
• Ability to use computer, related software and technologies to maintain documentation and electronic communication with staff and families.
• Requires consistent attendance and punctuality
This is a union covered position. As defined by the current classified bargained agreement and MOU D, newly hired employees shall be placed between Step C $3,917 and Step H $4,757 of the salary schedule in Appendix A of the Classified Union Bargaining Agreement. Ongoing (Step I- Step M) step advancement is defined by the classified bargained agreement. Salary placement for current classified employees is per the classified bargained agreement. The Classified Bargained Agreement and Appendix can be found https://www.lwtech.edu/about/human-resources/contracts/.
Required Online Application Materials:
• Online application
• Current resume
• Cover letter
• Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
Conditions of Employment:
• Official transcripts/certifications will be required upon employment
• Other conditions that may apply will be detailed upon the offer of employment
• Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of background/reference checks
Ability to perform range of physical motions; lifting and carrying; standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time, kneeling, squatting, and stooping; and traversing up and down stairs.
Disability AccommodationLWTech follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
• Ability to operate office equipment
• Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
• Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person
Eligibility to Work
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work
Lake Washington Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in is programs and activities. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Meena Park, Vice President of Human Resources, Affirmative Action Office/Title IX Coordinator, (425) 739-8212.
Jeanne Clery Statement: Notice of Availability of Annual Security and Fire Safety Report: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and as a part of the College’s commitment to safety and security on campus, Lake Washington Institute of Technology(LWTech) reports the mandated information about current campus policies concerning safety and security issues, the required statistics, and other related information for the past three (3) calendar years. LWTech’s Annual Safety Report (ASR) is available online at www.lwtech.edu/about/campus-safety/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the LWTech Safety Department located in the East Building at 11605 132nd Avenue NE Kirkland, WA 98034.
Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants must declare whether they are the subject of any substantiated findings of sexual misconduct in any current or former employment or is currently being investigated for, or have left a position during an investigation into, a violation of any sexual misconduct policy at the applicant’s current or past employers. By law, post-secondary education institutions cannot hire an applicant who does not complete this form.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4971380
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to ApplyTo apply please visit https://apptrkr.com/4971380
37 total views, 0 today