Full-Time Drainage and Wet Utilities Engineer
Are you a licensed professional engineer with civil engineering, aviation, and/or drainage and wet utilities experience? Are you seeking a dynamic role with the opportunity to work on a wide variety of forward-thinking projects and where you will have an impact on the future development of the airport and surrounding communities? Are you looking for a place to grow, learn, and build an excellent career and reputation in the industry? If so, this may be the role for YOU! Denver International Airport (DEN) is hiring for a Drainage and Wet Utilities Engineer to join the Design Engineering and Construction (DEC) Unit. Apply today to join the DEN family!
With competitive pay, great benefits, and endless opportunities, working for the City and County of Denver (CCD) means seeing yourself working with purpose — for you, and those who benefit from your passion, skills and expertise. Join our diverse, inclusive and talented workforce of more than 11,000 team members who are at the heart of what makes Denver, Denver. Click here to find out about all the amazing benefits and reasons to work for CCD!
What We Offer
The City and County of Denver offers a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience. The starting salary range for this position is $89,144-118,116/year, based on experience and education. We also offer generous benefits for full-time employees which include but is not limited to:
· Four (4) Medical Plans, Dental, Vision Insurance
· Pension Plan for Life (Employee contributes 8.45%, Employer matches at 17.95%)
· 457 (b) Retirement Plan
· PTO (over 3 weeks in your first year) and 12 paid holidays
· Yearly Merit Increase
· STD, LTD, HSA, FSA, Life Insurance
· CARE Bank, Family Leave Benefits
· Employee Assistance Program, Employee Volunteer Program
· Tuition Reimbursement (up to $2000/year), We Qualify for Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Learning and Development Opportunities; Courses and Career Development Resources
· EcoPass (unlimited free RTD bus/train rides)
The City and County of Denver supports a hybrid workplace model. Employees work where needed, at a job site several days a week and off-site as needed. In this position you can expect to work 3 days per week on site at Denver International Airport. Employees must work within the state of Colorado on their off-site days.
What You’ll Do
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $36.4 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 37,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
As a Drainage & Wet Utilities Engineer, you will perform intermediate-level professional engineering work on a wide variety of projects. Drainage and wet utilities projects may be system specific or may be part of a larger project or program. Drainage projects may include, but not limited to, open channel or piped systems, detention facilities, water quality facilities, floodplain management, groundwater facilities, and erosion control programs. Projects on wet utilities systems may include, but not be limited to, sanitary wastewater facilities, deicing and industrial wastewater facilities, glycol supply and recycling facilities, snow melter and deicing facilities, potable and non-potable water systems, and jet fuel transmission and other fueling facilities. This position is a growth opportunity for a motivated individual interested in assuming responsibility and ownership for some of DEN’s foundational infrastructure and systems.
As a Drainage & Wet Utilities Engineer, you can expect to:
· Performs intermediate-level professional engineering work involving airport projects or programs, which may include, but not be limited to, providing project management throughout the project life cycle, reviewing internal and external submittals for conformance and compliance, providing technical engineering support and guidance, coordinating project phases, and recommending engineering solutions to varying issues and problems that may arise
· Identifies, plans, designs, develops, coordinates, and manages design, construction, and/or maintenance for engineering projects related to both the airfield and landslide infrastructure
Our ideal candidate has some or all the following experience, skills, and characteristics:
· Experience with wet utility and drainage systems; Experience with local drainage and wet utilities planning, design, construction, operations, and/or maintenance requirements (preferred, but this is trainable to the right candidate with the willingness to learn)
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to interface and collaborate with various individuals both internal and external to the organization
· Willingness of continuous learning on DEN systems, sense of ownership and commitment to grow as an SME for Drainage and Wet Utilities at DEN
· Flexibility; Attention to detail
Required Minimum Qualifications
· Education requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
· Additional appropriate education may be substituted for experience requirements
· License/Certifications: By position, requires a valid Driver’s License at the time of application
· Requires registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) by the Colorado State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers at the time of application
· Registration in another state will be accepted in lieu of this requirement, provided that the applicant has Colorado registration at completion of probation
· Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
Please submit your application as soon as possible and no later than March 3rd, 2024, at midnight to ensure consideration.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
How to ApplyApply via URL - https://denver.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CCD-denver-denvergov-CSC_Jobs-Civil_service_jobs-Police_Jobs-Fire_Jobs/job/Denver-International-Airport/Drainage-and-Wet-Utilities-Engineer_R0064289
41 total views, 0 today